Chapter 6

April sensed something to be fishy and so she wanted to do something about it. She got up from the chair, sat on the bed next to Lily and took her laptop. Lily was telling her to let it go for a while and that they will see it later. April didn't listen to her and went ahead and typed 'Daniel Clifford company' in the web browser and pressed enter.  A number of links filled the page with top most link being the website of the company. The website was very professionally designed, some fancy pictures of the company were published along with a picture of Daniel. Among three-four tabs that were there, one was 'Contact Us' where the email ID of the company, their social media accounts and their address were written. She quickly copy-pasted the address in a Word document. She managed to get Jencer's number after searching for it in his social media accounts and the college groups for 10 minutes. Upon getting the number, she called Jencer to ask if the address that she had found was the right one, for which he had agreed. He couldn't speak much, so he hung up the call soon. She now wanted to explore Mr. Scott's profile to check for any kind of hints that might lead to Daniel's disappearance. 

'Jonathan Scott' was typed on the screen as the sound of the keys on the keyboard was heard. Clicking on his Facebook profile, she scrolled down to see a number of images and status updates about life and the supposed happiness he is getting because of all the social service that is being done. Nothing seemed to be useful. She came back to the top of the page and just when she was about to close the page, she noticed something. There were two lists made by Mr. Scott- close friends and family. Before she could see the accounts of people mentioned in the family list, she saw 3 profiles in the close friends' list. Her eyes read the first two profiles' names quite quickly: Daniel Clifford and Sanderson. However, the third profile was a new one. Lady Ilyet it read. Whoever that is, she thought. The profile seemed to be strange. There were no pictures uploaded, the profile picture was not a face of anyone, but a blank-plain black image. There was literally no activity in the profile. April thought that it might have been a new account. But she realized she was wrong when she saw in the timeline of the account that the user had joined Facebook 2 years ago. She checked the friend list to see if there were anybody on the list whom she would know, but there were only 36 friends. She didn't know anybody in the list. Or perhaps, she couldn't know if she knew anybody because all the accounts had a plain-black image as their profile pictures. 

As every minute passed, the curiosity to know who this Lady Ilyet was, doubled.
What relationship does this person have with Mr. Scott?
Why are there no images uploaded in the account? 
What could be the intention behind the mysterious profile pictures?
Was this person involved in Daniel's disappearance? Or my kidnap?
All these questions came into the mind of April in lightening speed. She did not know absolutely anything about that person. But she wanted to. Suddenly she wanted to take advantage of her pseudonym account. She clicked on the options button and pressed on 'Send message.' The messenger opened and the cursor was blinking, waiting for April to spill out words that refused to come out because of fear.
Finally, she took a deep breath and managed to type 'Hey! Do you remember me?' and pressed enter. The next millisecond something very unexpected happened. Lily's phone, which was on the table near the door, beeped with Facebook notification sound. 

April widened her eyes and turned suddenly and saw Lily's face, breathing heavily. Before Lily could tell anything, April kept the laptop on the bed and rushed to the door. She opened the door and started running downstairs. Lily's parents were shocked to see April in such a state. She was seeming to be really scared, her eyes were teary, her cheeks had gotten red. Lily's mother tried stopping her, but April outran her. She didn't stop running until she had reached her house. She was crying profusely as images of the time spent with her best friend in her childhood came to her mind. Those days when they both had gone swimming together, memories of them winning competitions in school together, of April helping Lily out when she had hurt herself while learning to ride a bicycle, of Lily and April exchanging friendship cards flashed in her mind. All of it were for nothing. She continued to cry even after reaching home. After a few minutes, she suddenly stopped crying and wrote this on a piece of paper-

Lady ILYet, April won't forget!!