Quarantine

Quarantine
2x11 Aftershocks
Skye's POV

Everything is different, nothing is the same. I'm stuck in quarantine and the center of everything. I'm laying in my hospital bed with eyes shut but am not asleep. Sleep is the last thing on my mind. The last thing I want to see is my friend dying in front of me.  I open my eyes to see Coulson looking at me and decide to sit up.

" I keep thinking Trip is gonna come see me," I say to Coulson, "make fun of me for being stuck in quarantine, call me a goldfish or a hamster or something. And every time I wake up," my voice to starts to break, "I remember all over again. I just can't believe he's not coming back". I'm so angry, so upset, so frustrated with everything. I'm done with it all. With Ward, my dad, with Hydra, with them being the center of everything.

Coulson looks at me, "He died a hero". I hate that he says that Trip shouldn't have to be a hero, he should be alive.  I ask him how everyone's doing, he replies,"Just trying to keep busy. Everyone deals with it in their own way. When you sign up for this kind of life," he sighs and continues, " you accept that loss will be part of it, but you never get used to losing one of your own, especially when it's a good man like Trip. It happens too much".

As Coulson continues to talk I cut him off. I can't take it anymore. "We lost. We failed," Coulson says no but I continue on, "It wasn't because of Hydra. It was because of me," I say. With that all of the weight I feel come out, I complain myself,about Ward, about my father, about how messed up this situation is. Coulson smacks the glass on my quarantine containment cube, " We did not fail," he says, "Trip prevented a disaster, and Whitehall's dead. We cut off the head, and while Hydra scrambles for a new one, I will crush them," he announces. He's going to make someone pay.

    •SHIELD's away, HYDRA is coming out to play•

I am still stuck in containment only to be visited by Bobbi, bringing me a quarantine survival kit. After she explains everything she's brought for me she says, "Anyway... I've been in quarantine before, and I know it can drive you absolutely nuts". I thank her not only for he kit but for showing understanding of what currently happening to me. I tell her how I feel and she looks at me crazy when I say I feel like a Leper. "Are you kidding me?" Bobbi asks, "You managed to be taken by three known murders, you gunned Ward down, then were blasted by an alien chemical weapon and walked out unscathed. Leper? I think you're a rockstar".  I smile as Bobbis says this and walks away. It wasn't need to be said but it's nice to hear.

Time has passed and everyone is standing near my containment cube so that I can still be aware and a part of what's happening. Coulson wants to go after Hydra and it's not sitting well for anyone, especially Mack. Hunter makes a joke to lighten the mood which doesn't bode Will with Fitz,  " Yeah, Well, Mack didn't ask for what happened to him," he says, recalling Mack being taken over by some creepy alien crap. " No one asked for any of this to happen," May replies, " Hydra forced our hand, and now Coulson plans to force theirs". May made it simple yet clear she's backing up Coulson in this call.

That causes Mack to explode."Did they?," he asked,"Did Hydra force our hand?" Mack is getting upset and Bobbi is trying to tell him to calm down and Coulson is trying answer him but Mack cuts him off again angry, " Or did we hand them detailed plans and the location of that city?"  Like how May stands by Coulson, Coulson stands by me. Which causes Mack to get upset for not having a logical reason. Coulson's never objective when it comes to me. Bobbi is trying to clear the air and have them all take a step back. May is standing her ground and everyone else is chiming in.

Everyone is upset and it's all my fault. My heart rate is elevating,causing all of the machines I'm hooked up on to start beeping. No one is noticing what's happening to because they're so caught up on standing their ground on this command. I look to the table near me and see the Cactus Cooler Bobbi gave me earlier begin to shake. " please," I say, hoping that they'll stop. The soda can starts shake more along to the table it's on and the screen with my heart rate recording start beeping more and more.