Skye Meets Fury and some Avengers

Skye meets Fury and some Avengers
2x15 One Door Closes
Skye's POV

"It's a little weird but I'm settling in," I tell Simmons, " I've played a couple dozen games of Solitaire. It's a lonely game, that Solitaire". I'm twiddling with my fingers as I'm video chatting with Jemma. She chuckles, " Well, May will head there soon, so don't give up on Solitaire just yet".  I ask her who packed the Little Debbie snack cakes and she tells me it was Coulson. Go figure. " But I did pick you out some nice gluten-free biscuits," she informs me. I give her a small smile telling her I'd look for those. It's a sweet gesture but a not so sweet snack.

She asks me if I've tried on her gloves and I told I haven't yet but will. "Well, when you're feeling up to it, it might be worth giving it a go. They're obviously just a prototype, but they're laced with a micro thread I designed, which should accelerate your healing and dampen the vibrations. I just want you to be safe, Skye. You know that right," she asks me. I give her a nod and say, " I do. It means a lot, Jemma. Thank you". Simmons tells me to call her if I need anything else but she has to go. We say our goodbyes and she's off to work while I'm here.

(Bobbi and Mack are back on the base and are stealing Fury's toolbox)

( Flashback to when SHIELD fell from Bobbi and Mack's POV)

It's now night time and I'm fixing myself a fire. I'm doing it to keep warm, because that's what you do in cabins, and because I'm bored. I'm alone and can't keep bothering the others because even though I'm off the field and base doesn't mean they stop working. I spot the gloves Simmons made me from across the room. Maybe I should try them on. It's not like I have anything better to do. I get up, walk towards the briefcase and stare at the gloves. Then I stare at my hands, my purple bruised hands, and decide to grab the gloves and roll my sleeves. I'm wincing in pain as the blackish purple bruises travel up my arms. It hurts just by touching it.

I put the gloves on and it makes me feel dizzy. I had to grab onto the chair right next to me so I could fix my footing. It felt so odd. I walk over to the computer and begin typing. My plan was to video chat Jemma but the words 'Connection Lost' in red bold letters pop onto my screen. I grab my phone and dial Simmons's phone number but it went straight to voicemail. " Hey, Jemma. It's me," I start after I hear the beep, "Um, can you call me back? I— I put the gloves on, but, uh, are they supposed to make you feel woozy? Um, maybe that's just a side effect. Also, are they supposed to be tight? I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering. Anyway, call me back when you can. Okay bye". With that, I place the phone on the desk while I follow the wire coming out of the back of the computer. I'm on the floor when I see it connected to the wall. There a gap between two of the boards. That makes me crawl back out from beneath the desk and look at the wall in front of me. I start knocking on the wood because I can tell there's something behind the wood panels. It's hard to pry them open with my hands so I grab a letter opener and break off the wooden plank. I notice it's the same metal alloy used on the bus within the cage. That makes me break off another plank. "Whoa," I whisper to myself as I see one of the hexagons on the wall has an activator of a sort. I put my fist where it shows it's should go on the soft part of the wall.

Electricity starts to crackle. I look around and see that I'm clearly alone but for sure hear something. Then I check out the windows and still see nothing out there so I quickly close the blinds. " Uh, Fitz, why did you make me watch 'Paranormal Activity'," I complain to myself. No, I'm scared and paranoid. Great. The electricity crackling noise I heard earlier started again. I grab the poker used for the fire as a weapon. Slowly I open the front door but I see nothing. The coast is clear but as soon as I shut my door, there's a knock on it. I open it ready to fight but not ready to see a stranger.  He introduces himself as Gordon.