Fitz-Simmons meet the Avengers

2x14 Love in the Time id Hydra

Skye's POV
"Well the bruising has started to fade,though I'm afraid these stress fractures will require a bit more time to heal," Simmons explained to me while checking out my arms. That just peachy. "Great," I say aloud to both Fitz and Simmons, " tried to go zen to keep my powers in check only to find myself back on the D.L". I winced as I put on my custom made cast by Simmons. Fitz looked at me confused on why I would say the down low but I correct him and reply, "the disabled list". It all then clicks in Fitz's head.

Fitz proceeds by telling me it could be growing pains of my powers but I tell him he doesn't need to put a positive light on this. "I'm not doing that," he says, " I would never patronize the—well things change. That's what I'm saying. So maybe if you learn to control this then... you could have Avengers-level powers. Something like Captain America, even". That's when Jemma Simmons interjects her thoughts. " I think it best we keep in mind the unstable nature of Skye's power. If there is an avenger equivalent, right now I'm afraid it's the Hulk". Fitz in a quieter voice claps back that Hulk saved the world which leads to the beginning of Jemma and Fitz's argument. The bus starts to rumble because of me. They both look my way and apologize. " This really isn't about you," Jemma says. I let out a soft scoff and reply, " I'm pretty sure it is. I'll go back to the cage". I get up leaving the two of them alone as I walk back into the room I've been staying in since Lady Sif left.

3rd Person POV
" Andrew's recommending Skye be removed from S.H.I.E.L.D., effective immediately," says Coulson to his agent. Melinda May takes a step closer to Coulson and responds, " I agree with his recommendation". The director deeply inhales and sits down. " I've got to admit," he begins, " I'm surprised to hear you say that". May tells Coulson she can agree with her ex. " Skye's too dangerous to be out there right now," she said. Coulson looks at May confused saying how she recently brought Skye into the field. " I had no other choice. You were in danger. I made a call," Agent May explained, " and Skye's injuries were something neither of us saw coming. What won't we see next time?". Phil admits it's hard to read a shifting future but knows he doesn't want to let Skye go.

"Which is why you need to remove Skye from the equation," Melinda starts, " I know it's difficult, Phil. S.H.I.E.L.D.'s always wrestled with how to handle people who are enhanced. And add Skye's Alien DNA to the mix, it's a whole new category we have to deal with". Coulson interjects how this is t about the Index but it's about Skye and May continues, " and as her S.O., I'm telling you, I have no idea how to handle her". It's heard in May's voice the reduction of confidence that used to be there, it's now emotion of unsureness. She cares for Skye and doesn't know how to help. "You'll find a way. You always do," Phil tells her and May looks him dead in they eye and whispers, " not always". The director has to remind May that this isn't Bahrain, that this isn't the next tragedy after that for May. He tells her that they know what they're dealing with so that this will be different . " Don't fool yourself," May advises, "Skye's changed. Maybe not on the surface, but inside. She doesn't know herself anymore".

[ Mack is taking Hunter to see the "real S.H.I.E.L.D.".]

There's a knock on Coulson's door so he closes the tool box that Fury gave him to help rebuild S.H.I.E.L.D.. Coulson opens the door for Jemma Simmons and tells her to come in. She closes the door behind her. She has a package that is meant for the director but doesn't hand it over right away like she should when he holds his hand out for it. " it's just...," Jemma sighs, " possible repercussions". Coulson reminds his agent that they've talked about this. "And I'm aware of the consequences, but this is my decision to make," he states. With that Simmons gives him the package and walks away.

Skye's POV
I'm playing operation by myself which seems really sad but I have to keep myself entertained. I mean I'm not alone all the time I get visits from Simmons, which are more like doctor check ups but...Fitz often visits me for fun, to keep me company, and to avoid Simmons. Lastly so does Coulson when he can.