Skye sees a shrink

Skye sees a shrink
2x13 One of Us
Skye's POV

I'm sitting with my legs crossed on my cot and I moan, "I got to say, director, no doubt,the best grilled cheese I've ever had". Coulson sitting across from me smiles and jokes that the secret ingredient is classified and I won't get it out of him. I chuckle at this.

He looks at me more seriously and asks, " How are you doing with all of the monitoring?". I tell him I barely notice it which he reminds me that I wouldn't be doing this wasn't absolutely necessary.  "I assume you're putting me on the Gifted Index," I state. Coulson nods and confirms that I am.  Hearing that kind of stings but there's nothing I can do about it. I move on quickly and tell him, "I've been doing some monitoring of my own. Check this out. My entire life, I've been searching for my parents, and my search ended with answers that are so much worse that I could've imagined. Sad, twitchy, not-all-there dad, a dead mom, alien mist that turned me into a walking natural disaster, a friend dead-".

Coulson cuts me off right there and comes to sit next to my on my cot to remind me Trip's death was not my fault. I shift to turn to Coulson and say, " My point is, I'm steady. Nothing is shaking. I'm stopping them before the start". The director tells me that's good news and I tell him that if I continue working on this I'll be back on the field in no time.  I say this hoping he'll agree and things can go back to normal. That not everything in my life has changed. Our meal ends and Coulson tells me he has to get back to work. Now I'm stuck alone with all of this monitoring.

3rd Person POV
Coulson is standing in his office with agent Melinda May. "She's acting like everything will go back to normal," he tells May and she agrees and says that's how Skye copes. They both are looking at Skye's index file while talking. "Does she know we're putting her on the index?," she asks the director. He gives a short answer and also informs May that Skye seems to be getting a handle on her powers. She continues to say, "That's good, but we barely understand them—other than they're strong. Protocol is anyone on the index undergoes a full psych eval and threat assessment". Coulson tell May they need and outside opinion as well as someone trusting. "I know who I'd call... if it weren't a thing," Coulson implies. This makes May scoff, "Andrew? It's not a thing. He might say no". The director turns to look at Agent May and tells her to reach out and see what he says.

May leaves Coulson's office to do what she was told. Agent Bobbi Morse and Jemma Simmons see her walk off. "Wonder where she's off to," Bobbi vocalizes. Simmons without looking up from her computer answers, "Another question in a long list of questions I don't have answers to". Bobbi, confused, turns to the computer to see what Jemma is looking at. "Coulson asked me to complete Skye's Index File to the best of my ability. I'm afraid my bed is woefully insufficient," she sighs. "It's bizarre," Bobbi says, " the extra macromolecules". Simmons tells Bobbi how Raina's blood is the same. How the mist triggered something inside them that was waiting to be activated.

Their conversation is cut off when there's a knock at the doors of the lab. Fitz walks in, stammering, "Sorry. I'm just, um, looking for...Ah. Got it". He quickly walks in to get what he needs and then scurries out. Bobbi gives Simmons a look after she finishes her cut of sentence. "How long are you gonna give him?," she asks Simmons. Jemma defends her actions by repeating that Fitz lied to her. "We're spies. We lie for a living," Agent Morse states, "Fitz's intentions were good. He wanted to protect a friend".  Simmons is baffled by this and starts asking why and how was keeping Skye's powers a secret protecting her. "Fitz and I shared science. It was sacred. Now that's changed too," Jemma says sadly, "I have to accept he's different now... and our relationship won't ever be what it was". Bobbi tells Simmons to pump her breaks because it's too early to sound the funeral bells. She looks at Bobbi and says, "A betrayal of trust like that, it changes everything".