Chapter Sixteen- Reap What You Sew, My Darling

Charlotte (Charlie, Lottie)

-------------------------------------------

"It is not Black Cherry!", I laugh, throwing a pillow at Bryce. 

"I swear it is, I've never smelled a perfume that smells more like black cherry", he laughs as well, and I spritz another puff of mist in his face.

"It's Raspberry Vanilla", I reveal, showing him the label.

He leans in closer than necessary, squinting his eyes as if he's trying to read it. I lean in, trying to see if the label is really that hard to read, when he quickly pecks my lips. I gasp, laughing, and kick at him wildly.

"You tricked me!"

"Hey, you fell for it"

God. I never knew I could miss something I've never had. Bryce has never acted this way towards me- it's just not his personality. I love sober Bryce so much more. All we've been doing for the past six hours is hanging out on my bed, catching up, joking around, messing with each other- nothing physical besides that quick kiss has even been brought up... This is so nice. Now this is something Papa would approve of!

"C'mere", I say, extending my arm and holding up my phone. 

He follows orders, wrapping his arm around me. I quickly snap a photo, and can't help but grin at the result. We both look so happy, so in love. 

"Gorgeous... My god you're just so beautiful...", he whispers, kissing my neck lovingly.

"Aww.. You're too sweet", I giggle, turning my phone off.

"I wasn't talking about you", He scoffs ingenuinely, and I laugh, swatting him off of me.

Before I can speak, my phone chimes, and Papa's name pops on screen. I groan, and swipe, letting out a sweet 'Bonjour~'.

"Bonjour ma cherie! We'll be home in two minutes!"

I choke on air, and look at Bryce worriedly. "T-Two minutes, you say... H-Hey can you stop by the grocery store, we're out of flour."

Bryce is already scrambling towards the window, collecting all his stuff and just waiting for me to give him the 'go'. I gulp hard, and usher him to get back down. If they arrive now, they'll see him climb out the window- and that wouldn't be good.

--------------------------------------------

France (Francis)

--------------------------------

"She's got a dude with her", America says ever so nonchalantly, inhaling a hamburger of all foods in Paris. "She's tryin to buy time. Maybe she got lucky!"

"Bloody git, don't say that!", Angleterre smacks him on the back of the head, and he starts choking, to nobody's alarm.

"Maybe she's-a pregnant! Oh she'll have a bambina!~" Italy cheers, latched onto Germany's arm in the midst of his blood-boiling fantasy.

She doesn't know any boy besides Bryce... And if Bryce is in my goddamn house again...

"There's flour somewhere in the kitchen. I bought extra", I say quickly, as we arrive at the front gate. "Say, ma cherie, I'm going to send Mattieu up to your room. He says he hasn't talked to you in a while", I give Matty a thumbs up, and ignore his frantic pleads to take back what I said. 

"Who's Matthew?", America asks, but I just ignore him. No time for his idiocy right now. 

As we step forward, I give the guards a threatening look. They don't waver- of course, I don't pay them to give into anything, not even myself. I just wonder how Bryce managed to sneak in... It's impossible. Charlie, oui, I know she's very cunning when it comes to sneaking out, but she's home. So how..?

"Mattieu, go", I whisper, opening the door as quietly as possible.

He shakes his head quickly, and I grab his arm, pushing him forwards. "Mattieu!"

"Fine!", He's trembling- why is he so nervous? I thought he and Charlie were close.

I watch him reluctantly wander up the steps, and quickly invite the others in. 

"Maybe you should send her to boarding school", Germany quickly suggests, and I'm not sure if he means well. "Or to my house."

"Ve, Germany'll torture her into behaving!", Italy chimes in, grinning innocently. "He's scary like that"

I sigh, rubbing my temples. "Angleterre, did America cause you this much trouble when he was younger?", I ask, careful not to look at him.

He pauses for a moment, and I know it's just him deciding whether or not to talk to me. Finally, he pipes up.

 "Of course. Children are like that. This wanker caused a war because of his rebelliousness", He jabs Al in the ribs, and the hamburger from earlier lodges out of his throat and on my DAMN CARPET. 

I sigh, exhausted. Maybe I should send Charlie to Germany's for a while. It's not like she's even in school anymore. 

------------------------------

Charlotte (Charlie, Lottie)

---------------------------------------

"Matt, you have to promise me you won't say ANYTHING to Papa", I whisper harshly, covering his mouth from the scream he almost let out at the sight of Bryce. "Promise me, please!"

He pulls away from me, and steps back towards the door. "C-Charlotte you know you can't-", he pauses. "I have to tell him!"

"No!", I grab his arm before he can retreat downstairs. That ever so familiar spark of attraction hits me like a train, and I can't help but feel guilty. "Matthew, If you care for me at all, you'll keep this between us and let me get him out of here."

He stares at me through wide rimmed glasses, and I give him my best, desperate puppy dog eyes. A glimpse of that night in the alley way flashes before me, and I try my best to ignore it, but it seems he saw it too. Quickly, he shuts his eyes tight, and turns around.

"I didn't see anything", he whispers, and I grin widely.

"Go! C'mon!", I scurry over to Bryce, helping him out the window. 

He stops, dangling from the sill, and gives me one last peck on the lips. "You seem close to that Matthew guy. Aren't you guys related?"

"Bryce I'll give you $50 if you leave right now."

He smirks, and disappears from sight. I sigh in relief, and shut and lock the window. "Thank you so much", I look towards Matthew, who opens his eyes slowly. "I owe you one."

"Don't mention it...", he says quietly, opening the door. "Everyone's downstairs... You should come down too"

I smile at him, but quickly wipe it from my face when I see his expression. He's upset- about something. Is he still on about that night? It meant nothing! God.. now I'm annoyed. He shouldn't be dwelling on it- it's not like we even did anything THAT bad. I slip through the entrance, and stomp downstairs. 

"Charlie, how was being home alone?", Papa asks from the couch, but looks to Matthew for reassurance. I'm not sure what Matty does, but it placates his edge.

"It was fine", I reply, taking a seat next to Kiku, who doesn't know how to respond to the act. "How was shopping?"

This sparks up debate and argument between the grown men. I go to my phone, and look back at the picture taken only moments before. I miss him already. Perhaps he'll like it.. I should send it to him. I quickly hit send, and stare at the screen until it loads. 

I grin to myself, until I see who I actually sent the photo to. 

Merde..

Above the screen reads "Papa", and when his notification bell chimes, I look to Kiku, who was not so subtly watching my phone. He looks just as distressed. 

"Charlie, why'd you text me?", He asks, turning his phone on.

Merde, Merde, Merde, Merde!!!

He stares for a moment, then looks back up- not to me, but to Ludwig. 

"Charlie will be staying with you for a while, mon ami."