Chapter Seventeen- All Work and No Play Makes Me Want To Die

Charlotte (Charlie, Lottie)

Three Days Later... 6AM

----------------------------------------------

"Merde..", I pant heavily, collapsing on the rough track. "I hate you.. I hate you so much..."

Ludwig jogs past me, barking orders in German. I can't understand him, but I know he wants me to keep going. I can't. I haven't even had breakfast- I haven't even texted Bryce yet! And there's Kiku and Feliciano, laying in the grass on the hillside, chatting away like my death doesn't bother them. 

"Schnell!", Luddy yells, and I quickly jump up and start jogging again.

"I hate you!!", I scream, every muscle in my body burning and aching. 

Papa could've sent me to boarding school. He could've sent me to juvy, but NO. He sent me to Ludwig's, and at first I thought 'Hey, Ludwig likes me. This'll just be like Alfred's place, but in a different country. What could go wrong?', and then I saw that Feli and Kiku practically live here and I thought 'Wow, it's like a party!'. But then Luddy woke me up at FIVE IN THE MORNING the FIRST day I stayed with him and had be doing all these military training workouts and shit! Of course, Feli and Kiku were forced to participate, but after ten minutes, they managed to slip away and relax until training was done. 

This is the worst punishment ever. I wish I was dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte (Charlie, Lottie)

3PM

--------------------------------

"Ve! Bella's-a-"

"Shut up", I growl, heading straight for the bathroom to shower. "Don't ever talk to me."

I slam the door shut, and quickly turn on the shower. The cool water feels so good against my clammy, dehydrated skin, so I don't dare turn the temperature any higher. I finger the hem of my shirt, lifting it up just the slightest, when the sound of a gentle fist tapping the door snaps me out of my blissful trace. I tug my shirt back down, and scream. Not words, no, just a general, ear piercing screech as I swing open the door. 

Before me stands Kiku, as pale as a sheet, and traumatized from the animal screech I just let out. My eyes flicker down to the pile of clothes he's holding, and I let my features soften. He's done nothing wrong, I should know that. Ah, it's embarrassing having him see me like this! My hair is sticking to the back of my neck and my forehead is all slimy with sweat... Ugh.

"F-Feliciano said to give these to you", he holds the pile out to me, his thick accent barely decipherable.

I hesitantly take the clothes, and pat Kiku's head affectionately. He squirms as protestation, but doesn't fully slip away. His hair is soft under my scratchy palms... 

"Thanks. I'll be out in a minute", I smile, turning back around.

"A-Ah! Ludwig is out getting groceries..", he adds quickly, before hurrying off. 

I stand there for a moment, wondering what that had anything to do with, and shut the door. As I walk back over to the shower, I examine the pile of clothes, and realize that they aren't mine from my suitcase. Instead, cradled n my arms, is a sweatshirt most likely belonging to Ludwig, and sweatpants most likely belonging to Feliciano (In terms of sizes).

 Whoever thought it was a bright idea to take my PANTIES from my bag is going to get their ass handed to them, though. No matter- I'm just happy for a change of clothes.

----------------------- Twenty minutes later------------------

I've never appreciated the feeling of freshly blow-dried hair as much as I do right now. Just the thought of being clean, much less actually being so, makes me so... so incredibly happy. 

I throw myself down on the couch where Feliciano and Kiku are watching some sort of black-and-white romance movie from the 60's. The hoodie is so baggy and comfortable, and the sweats fit just right... I have to thank Feliciano's chicken legs for that. 

No words are exchanged, and while I expect that of Kiku, it's a bit abnormal for Feli. I look over at him, and when I see him drowning himself in a tub of gelato, I sigh happily.

"Sharing is caring, ma cherie."

He looks over at me, and seems troubled by the thought of handing it over. He looks at me, then to the plastic container, then to Kiku, who's seated in the middle and desperately trying to just watch the movie. He looks comfortable.. sporting the same sweats as me and a hoodie with Japan's flag on it.. Now that I realize it, Feli's wearing the same thing.. Hey! Mine has the German flag on it! Ludwig is so not getting this back. Ah.. Feli's also has the German flag on it too!

Aw, how cute! 

But sorry Feliciano. You got out of meaningless military training. You practically owe me that gelato.

"Bella, you're-a so pretty, you know that?", He grins happily. 

"You're stalling."

Now he's nervous. He looks around the room for any sign of support, knowing full well that Kiku isn't gonna do shit to help either of us. Beads of sweat swim down his temple as he giggles nervously, and I prepare myself for battle.

"Feliiiii", I purr, scrunching up my nose. "I just ran ten miles in two and a half hours, and had to do workouts I didn't even know existed. Now you, however, got out of it. Every part of my body ACHES right now. Don't you think you should be generous?"

He stares at me- has his eyes always been closed? How does he see? That hasn't really been an issue but.. really, how can he see? I swear, I've never seen his eyes open before. That's really odd.. No matter. I have a different focus right now.

"W-Well I-a..."

I quickly throw myself over Kiku's lap, grabbing the gelato container. I've never known Feli to be strong, but right now I'm wondering if he did at some point train with Ludwig, as he's gripping the container as hard as he can to prevent me from stealing it. He's screaming- Kiku's having a nervous breakdown, yet still trying to calm us down, and I'm gritting my teeth trying to snag this damn gelato. 

Eventually, the container slips through my fingers, and Feli is out running like his life depends on it. I scramble up, accidentally kicking Kiku once or twice, before running sloppily after him, despite the sharp pain in my calfs and lungs. He runs out the door, onto the track, and I finally run out of determination. It's not worth another ten miles... Hell, it looks like Feli's gonna break a world record. Look at him go. I swear, there's dust behind him.

"Feli! Stop, I'm done, you can have it!", I call out, but he can't hear me through his screaming and crying.

I flick my wrist as I walk off. He'll get the memo eventually. Perhaps this is how Ludwig gets him to run. Kiku, on the other hand.. I'm not sure what his motivation is. I walk back in, and he's just back to the movie, holding what I can only assume is a cloud version of Alfred. No.. more like just a white ball. What the hell is that? Ah.. I'm too tired to care right now.

I flop down next to him, kicking my feet up in his lap. He's weary of my actions, but doesn't say much. Eventually, he calms down, and we spend the rest of the time Ludwig's gone by watching old movies and awaiting Feliciano's return.

Maybe staying here won't be so bad.