gonna find her

"One day someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else"~Unknown. 

 A frail and thin Paul McCartney spotted walking briskly and angrily to London Bridge Hospital

 A frail and thin Paul McCartney spotted walking briskly and angrily to London Bridge Hospital. When reporters simply asked him questions, McCartney replied by screaming furiously. Such behaviours were not known of and never expected of him.~Daily Mail, 31 August 1963. 

xxx

Fortwell Solicitors, London, England, 6 September 1963, 2:00 pm. 

"Mr McCartney...Mr. McCartney?", Paul snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at whom he hoped would become his lawyer, Gregory Mattods.  Paul looked and felt ill. He had lost weight and was weak--both physically and mentally. He wouldn't eat and would spend his hours finding lawyers. He had been denied too many times. He hoped this would be his last visit. 

"Sorry, sir. Just thinking.", Paul shook his head and took out a cigarette. He took a drag and relaxed immediately. 

"Let's begin then. The receptionist told me you seek custody of a child. I need more information than this. I need to know everything about her. We can see what approach to take from here. And relax son. I can see you're tense.", Gregory said calmly. 

Paul took a deep breath. He was still shaken by everything that had happened this past week. 

"I found Eleanor and Joan while walking home with my bandmate John Lennon. There was a bang and we rushed in. I was able to stop Joan's bleeding and the ambulance John called for took us to the hospital. I developed a bond with Eleanor while we waited for Joan to wake up.", Paul said smiling. 

How he wanted to hold Eleanor so tightly. 

"I met up with Joan and Eleanor quite a bit at the hospital. She had told me that I was the only man she'd allowed to be near her and Eleanor. That was the last time I saw Joan. I was dumb. I was too caught up in my band and my girlfriend came back and left again.", Paul's eyes were burning with tears. 

That's when I got the news that Joan had gone. I saw Eleanor with a bruise on her face. The police had not gotten news on Glenn Boltman--her fiance's whereabouts yet. They took Eleanor away from me! I wish I'd gone to see Joan more often and seen Eleanor more often and sorted out my priorities.", Paul broke down, sobbing. He held his face in his hands. 

Gregory saw how vulnerable Paul had made himself in front of him. He got up and knelt next to Paul. Placing his hand on Paul's shoulder, he began to comfort him. 

"Look. I can tell from what you told me, you care about those two a lot. I don't want you to depreciate yourself by putting all this pressure on you. I can put together a case for your custody. If you'll have me of course." 

Paul lifted his head from his hands. His face was red and blotchy from the tears. 

'Yes', he thought.