Chapter 10-The Final

Six Months Later

The war was brutal and deadly. It lasted over two months.

In the end, we won.

Tyler and I, emotionally were a mess. The uncertainty if Knox was going to return was a long haul. His family was very supportive of me, the war stayed out of the media.

The ended with regulations of trade and arms. It's been two months since the war ended, Knox is acting like none of it happened. My family life and mine were in danger.

Living a life like this is not what I envisioned. Dorris has been the same but there has been a shift within her. She is no longer depended on her next fix but is worried about Tyler and I.

It's been weird but oddly comforting, I've discussed with her my plans to leave, she of course is frighten for my life and Tyler's but this is something I need to do, I have to do.

Knox cut back on his hours to spend more time with me.

I knocked firmly on his office wood door.

"Yes" he said, sitting at his desk.

I stayed, standing up.

"We need to talk" I said.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rage

Pure rage

Tyler and I left. The same day that I spoke with him. Prior to our conversation I had already packed up everything and got Tyler.

He didn't follow me, he just watched. Staring.

This was my opportunity to leave Texas and I wasn't looking back.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Three months later

Florida, the sunshine state. Has been amazing to me. The freedom and the joy was so worth it. I haven't spoken with Knox since last time I was in Texas. His sister have reached out to me, they didn't ask where I was just how I was doing and Tyler.

Doris is still in Texas, she recently got a job as a receptionist. Tyler has been with her more often on the weekends.

I was able to take my classes online, which has been great. Our apartment is affordable, that's all that matters.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Keep working" I said as I got up from the table.

"Hello" I said.

"Open the door" I haven't heard this voice in months.

I looked out the window to see three black SUVs. In my apartment parking lot.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

In the end, I followed my heart.

After many conversations, I knew that there was no way to cover up my feelings for Knox. They weren't just going to go away, I missed him, Tyler missed him.

We moved back to Texas that day. Doris wasn't surprised, I found out he paid her multiple visits during our break.

He was feared, He was known, He was dark,  He was notorious and He was mine.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you for ALL your support! This book was my first, this was fun to write. Definitely expect more from me in the future.

Thank you again,

-AlexisEBooks