Episode 7

The Dragon and the Wolf

Tyrion Lannister: We are a group of people who do not like each other, as this demonstration has shown. We have suffered at each other's hands. We've lost people we love at each other's hands. If all we wanted was more of the same, there would be no need for this gathering. We are entirely capable of waging war with each other without meeting face to face.

Cersei Lannister: So instead we should settle our differences and live together in harmony for the rest of our days?

Tyrion Lannister: We all know that will never happen.

Cersei Lannister: Then why are we here?

Jon Snow: This isn't about living in harmony; it's just about living. The same thing is coming for all of us; a general you can't negotiate with, an army that doesn't leave corpses behind on the battlefield. Lord Tyrion tells me a million people live in this city...they're about to become a million more soldiers in the army of the dead.

Cersei Lannister: I imagine for most of them, that would be an improvement.

Jon Snow: This is serious! I wouldn't be here if it weren't.

Cersei Lannister: I don't think it's serious at all. I think it's another bad joke. If my brother Jaime has informed me correctly, you're asking for a truce?

Daenerys Targaryen: Yes. That's all.

Cersei Lannister: "That's all?" Pull back my armies and stand down while you go on your monster hunt? Or while you solidify and expand your position? Hard to know which it is with my armies pulled back until you return and march on my capital with four times the men! 

Daenerys Targaryen: Your capital will be safe until the Northern threat is dealt with. You have my word.

Cersei Lannister: The word of a would-be usurper!

Tyrion Lannister: There is no conversation that will erase the last fifty years. We have something to show you.

Jon Snow: We can destroy them by burning them, and we can destroy them with dragonglass. If we don't win this fight, then that is the fate of every person in the world! There is only one war that matters. The Great War...and it is here!

Cersei Lannister: I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose. She's your kind of woman: a foreign whore who doesn't know her place.

Tyrion Lannister: A foreign whore you can't abduct, beat or intimidate. That must be difficult for you.

Cersei Lannister: So you bring her here, with her pet Northerner, whom you have convinced to bow down before her?

Tyrion Lannister: I didn't know about that.

Cersei Lannister: And now you've got them both working towards the same goal, the goal you've worked towards your entire life.

Tyrion Lannister: Cersei, I didn't know!

Cersei Lannister: The destruction of this family.

Tyrion Lannister: I am the one preventing that from happening. Daenerys didn't want to debate and negotiate, she didn't want to bring you words! She wanted to bring you fire and blood until I advised her otherwise! I don't want to destroy our family, I never have.

Cersei Lannister: You killed our father.

Tyrion Lannister: After he sentenced me to death for a crime I didn't commit. Yes, I killed him. Hate me for it, if you want; I hate myself for it, in spite of what he was, in spite of what he did to me.

Cersei Lannister: Oh, poor little man, your papa was mean to you. Do you have any idea what you did when you fired that crossbow? You left us open. You laid us bare for the vultures, and the vultures came and tore us apart. You may not have killed Joffrey, but you killed Myrcella, you killed Tommen! No one would have touched them if Father was here, no one would have dared!