Reckless- Morgan Rielly (TML)

length: 536 words

warnings: police officer partner, violence, swearing

requested: yes

-

Morgan slammed the door shut behind the two of you before turning to face you. "God, (y/n), were you even going to tell me?" he clenched his fists.

"Yes, obviously I was. But I didn't tell you sooner because I knew you would react like this," you retorted, stepping out of your heels.

"Like what? I can't stop giving a fuck just because this is your job," Morgan shouted, banging his fist against the wall.

"You need to calm down. This is pretty common and I was hardly hurt."

"Calm down?" he was livid. "My girlfriend didn't fucking tell me that she was stabbed. Instead it was my teammate that told me. How could I possibly calm down after finding that out?"

"It's a risk that comes with the job, okay. I thought you understood that," you said, raising your voice.

"Why can't you just stop? You're being reckless," he spoke harshly.

"What is wrong with you? You can't tell me what to do. I do this job because I get to help people. I do this job because I make this city safer. I love it and I was not being reckless. I get that you're upset that I didn't tell you but now you're just being unreasonable," you yelled and turned away from him, frustrated and angry.

"How is it unreasonable for me to want you to be safe? I'm so damn scared every time you go out of that door in the morning. I don't know whether something will go wrong and that I'll ever see you again. You make every day worth living and I don't know what I would do without you. I love you so fucking much and I can't stand the idea of someone hurting you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and god if something happened I-"Morgan choked out, tears streaming down his face.

Spinning around to face him, you rushed over to Morgan, your anger forgotten, and pulled him into your arms, rubbing his back softly. "It's okay, Mo. You're not going to lose me. I promise."

"You can't promise me that," he whispered and buried his head in your neck. "Neither of us know what could happen."

"I don't care. I promise that you're not going to lose me, Morgan. I'll always be with you. I love you."

"Please, please don't do this. Don't make promises you can't keep," he cried softly.

"I'm going to keep this one. No matter what."

"Why are you so damn tenacious?"

"It's why you love me," you smiled.

He pulled away, resting his forehead against yours. "Yeah, it's one of the many reasons I love you," he paused, "Did you at least get the guy or girl?"

"Yeah, I did. She was a big fan of yours actually," you laughed and Morgan's mouth dropped open in shock.

"You're not serious, right?"

"Oh yeah, Mo. You even have fans among the criminal ranks."

"One of my fans stabbed my girlfriend. That's got to be a new level of obsession," he started chuckling.

"You're lucky I love you."

"Yeah, I am," he grinned and leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to your lips.