Challenge- Mathew Barzal (NYI)

length: 651 words

warnings: steam

requested: yes

-

It was date night and date night meant that you and Mat would spend hours in his apartment watching The Office. It was fun and at the beginning of your relationship you had quickly bonded over your shared hatred of Toby Flenderson.

However, you weren't watching today. This time you stared at Mat whose head was resting in your lap while you stretched your legs out on the ottoman in front of you. You slowly ran your fingers through his dark hair, delighting in its softness while Mat occasionally sighed at the sensation, happy to relax after a hard day of training.

Gently patting Mat on the shoulder, you asked him to move his head and you swung your legs down to the floor. You stood up, making sure not to put any weight on the leg enclosed by the large white cast that had been signed by all of Mat's teammates.

"Babe, sit back down," he said softly.

"I'm just going to get some water," you reassured him but as you were about to step forward, Mathew got up and wrapped an arm around your waist, pressing your back to his chest.

"The doctor said that you shouldn't walk so I'm going to carry you to the kitchen then," he murmured, placing soft kisses on your neck.

"I think I can walk ten meters."

"Baby I'm not taking a chance with you. Just let me do this."

"You'll break your back," you warned him but Mat was already turning you and placing your arms around his neck before he scooped one hand behind your knees and the other around your back. "Don't do this because you'll drop me and then we'll have to go to hospital again."

Nevertheless, he pressed a quick kiss to your nose before picking you up bridal style and grunting slightly. "Don't worry babe, I like a challenge," he smirked, trying to press a kiss to your lips this time but you turned away.

"Mathew, I love you but I'm really thirsty so can this wait a minute?"

"Fine, butthead," he pouted after he began to walk.

Setting you down on the kitchen counter., Mat quickly filled a glass and passed it over to you and you downed it in a matter of seconds. "Now that you're done with that," he murmured, stepping between your legs, "can we maybe-"

You cut him off, plopping a kiss on his lips. "There, is that enough for you?"

"Oh (y/n), no number of your kisses is enough for me," he laughed

"You're such a goofball, I just-" he muffled the rest of your sentence by pressing his lips against yours and placing his hands on your waist, grazing the bottom of your t-shirt. You tugged on his hair and he moaned against your lips.

Moving you to the edge of the counter, Mat slid his hands under your thighs, picking you up as you wrapped your legs around his waist. He started walking over to the couch and broke off to breathe. Instead of reconnecting your lips, you started kissing down his neck, sucking gently every now and then while he let out quiet moans.

Suddenly, Mat's foot caught on the rug and the two of you went crashing to the floor. Groaning, you rolled off of Mat before swatting him on the shoulder. "I'm never letting you carry me again, Mr. I like a challenge."

"I'm really sorry, but it wasn't my fault," he said, rubbing his neck.

"How is it not your fault, babe, you're the one that fell over?" you giggled, already forgetting your previous anger.

"Well you were kind of distracting me," he grinned, pointing towards the pink marks on his neck.

"One, you started this whole thing and two, you liked it, so none of this is my fault," you laughed, curling into his side, cuddling him.

"I love you, (y/n)"

"I love you too, you big dork."