Doctor- Tyler Seguin (DS)

length: 511 words

warnings: reader has military background, angst

requested: yes

-

"Is it because of me?" a voice asked, which you recognised to be Tyler's, and you jumped half a mile before you located him sitting on your couch.

"Ty, what are you doing here?"

"Is it because of me?" he whispered, voice cracking slightly as he lifted his head from his hands.

Setting the keys down on the table, you took of your jacket and walked over to him. "Is what because of you, Tyler?"

"I spoke to Jamie."

And it hit you. Rushing over to him, you took his face into your hands. "Tyler, honey, it's not because of you, okay. This is what I want to do."

He looked at you and his eyes were bloodshot. "Are you sure? I'm sorry for what I did. It was stupid. I don't want you to go because of me."

"Ty, we all make mistakes. I was mad at you but I'm not anymore and you're not why I'm doing this. I want to help people," you sighed, taking his hands in yours.

"You already help people at the hospital, I don't see why you need to go overseas," he pulled his hands away and clenched his fists at his side.

"There are thousands of doctors who could do what I do at that hospital everyday but most of them aren't good at being in combat situations, I am. I have experience and I want to help the refugees over there as much as I can."

Suddenly he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest. "But it's dangerous. I don't want to lose you."

"I know it's dangerous, bub. But I promise that I will come home, okay. I have to do this. And while I'm not here, say hi to the dogs for me, I'll miss them."

Tyler cried softly into your neck. "They're gonna miss their mom. I'm going to miss you. I love you, please don't go."

"I have to, baby. I'm sorry," you murmured, a few tears falling down your cheeks.

Slowly, you untangled your limbs from his and looked at your watch and then the large rucksack resting by the front door. "Ty, I have to go now. I can't be late."

"Please don't go, don't leave me," he said while wiping his eyes and watching you head towards the door to pick up your bag.

A car honked outside. It was time.

"Tyler, that's Anna, she's also going with me. I really have to leave now. I'm sorry I didn't tell you and that we couldn't say goodbye properly," you unlocked the door.

"Please don't go. I'm begging you. What do I have to say to get you to stay? Please tell me. I'll do anything."

"Oh,Ty, I-"

"Please don't walk out of that door. I don't know what I'll do without you," he sobbed, shakily getting up from the couch.

The car honked again.

"Ty, I'm sorry but I won't choose you over this. Not this time," you opened the door and walked out, leaving Tyler behind.