Ineffably Oblivious

EDIT: I've now decided to turn this book into a One-Shots collection!

*Word Count: 8748
Please don't forget to vote if you liked it, and feel free to comment if you wish, thank you!

***

The bookshop never really did feel the same after life began again. It was like the stain - should it have been miracled away, the thought of it being there would always be an annoying, yet monotonous, thought.
Aziraphale couldn't look at his books the same way...he'd bonded with them all, over the years, and these just seemed too much like replicas for him to truly appreciate them as much as he used to.
Even the bookshop itself seemed different...
Although, his priorities hadn't been to visit the shop post to it burning, so he hadn't seen it. He knew though.
And the books could never be the same.
His home, his beloved artifacts- were like strangers to him now.
Even his body felt uncomfortable to him now that it'd practically been miracled back into a physical existence.
There was silver lining though.
There was a constant in his life that he could rely on.
Crowley was unchanging, in the eyes of Aziraphale. He'd been there at the beginning and he was here now. Same antics, same attitude, same peculiar eyes and shades to match. From the inside out, Crowley was Crowley.
Sure, he'd changed over the years as a person, but Aziraphale didn't see it as change, he saw it as development.
Crowley was Crowley.
He was a constant and a foundation.
Books or no books.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you with that thought, I do enjoy you too." Aziraphale hummed politely to the book he currently held, "And don't take this personally, I'm merely fetching myself some Hot Cocoa." He stood up with a slight stretch and grunt in remarks to a pop in his knee upon stretching. He gently closed the book before setting it down on his desk in the back room of the store, currently closed as it was a Sunday. Just something Aziraphale had gotten used to, regardless of no longer swaying on one side or the other.
It gave him a day to relax, a day to himself that he could spend reading or drinking divine Cocoa. Both usually.
He paused in thought, in reminder, of the fact that he could miracle himself up a hot cocoa. Then again, he didn't want to abuse this power as he knew it would involve paperwork up above, and he didn't exactly want them back on his case nor anyone else's down on earth for quite awhile longer.
So, he settled for turning towards the cupboard in the way back of the back room and grabbing some powder along with a mug, heading over to a small refrigerator not far and pulling out the milk.
He set these ingredients on the coffee table in the back room and got to brewing.

"Need a hand with heating that up?" A hum came from the entrance to the back room, making Aziraphale jump in surprise before glaring down at the ingredients before him, the glare meant to be directly at Crowley who sauntered in, but instead being taken out on the innocent products of food, "You really should knock next time, you know."

"I know. But then that would make me polite, which dreadfully boring." Crowley scowled as he moved to slouch in one of the chairs around the coffee tables

"I'm polite, are you calling me boring?" Aziraphale pouted in mock offense as he poured some powder into the mug he'd gotten.

"Oh, Angel, please, I've known you for six thousand years, you are not polite." Crowley smirked.

Aziraphale furrowed his brow, "I am too polite."

"You didn't welcome me in." Crowley sighed dramatically, "That's quite rude of you, you know."

"Rude? You came in uninvited!" Aziraphale scoffed.

"When am I ever not invited here? You're welcome to kick me out any time that you like." Crowley lifted his arms with a shrug.