Stars and Names

Summary
Raphael loved and cherished every star that was placed under his protection, a new light and a new guardian of heaven- one star he loved more than others...and even after that star had forgotten him, yet he remembered, he never stopped loving it, until maybe it would one day love him back.

Word Count: 2339

Requested by: @TheDragonThatStayed
***

Crowley was lazily strewn across the couch, located in the bookshop, feet placed on Aziraphale's lap as the angel read quietly, silently allowing the demon to use his legs as a footrest.

Every now and then, Crowley would move to get comfortable, kicking the other in the shin, and earning a roll of his eyes or a sigh from Aziraphale as he did this.

Crowley got a kick out of this until he was doing the on purpose, bouncing his leg up and down and claiming it was asleep just to get Aziraphale's attention.

Finally, the angel had had enough of Crowley's games and pushed his legs off.

Crowley grinned as his legs off-balanced his position on the couch and he fell onto the ground.

Aziraphale looked slightly guilty and slightly amused as he marked his book and set it down on the coffee table beside the couch, "Are you alright, dear boy?" He grinned.

"Just peachy." Crowley growled as he leaned up on his elbows.

"You do realize I know that you can miracle away a sleeping foot?" Aziraphale cocked an amused eyebrow as he watched Crowley's face flush red.

The demon then sat up so he was now sitting in front of Aziraphale's legs, his own legs crossed in a way of sitting as he gazed up at the angel, above his shades, with a small smile.

"What?" Aziraphale commented on the smile.

Crowley seemed to catch himself too late in what he was doing and quickly looked away with a shrug.

"You have a familiar smile, dear." Aziraphale leaned forward to cup Crowley's face in his hands.

"I do...?" Crowley murmured, too intoxicated in the gentle touch of the other's hand on his face to actually think clearly.

"I believe I've seen it in a dream." Aziraphale hummed.

Crowley hoped Aziraphale couldn't feel the heat that gathered in his cheeks at that comment, "Um- alright?"

"Yes.." Aziraphale stroked a thumb over the cheek and Crowley closed his eyes from under the sunglasses, "Raphael..."

Crowley's eyes shot open and he held back a flinch at the name. His mind raced and a million different thoughts seem to crash together to form one word: Shit.
He opened his mouth to quickly defend himself, to claim that he wasn't such an angel, that that idea was truly absurd and-
He was interrupted before he could make any kind of argument or defense.

"Yes, he shares some of your finer qualities."

Crowley's panic turned to confusion. The angel seemed to be referring to Raphael as a different person- which, in the fact of personality and how Crowley had changed, that might be true, but it didn't change the fact that, way back, way, way back, he had once been that angel, Raphael. He tried to focus on the fact that Aziraphale had referred to his smile as one of his finer qualities.

"Where'd you meet this, uh, Raphael?" Crowley murmured.

"It's going to sound silly..." Aziraphale chuckled.
He took Crowley's lack of sarcastic comment as a prompt to continue.
"In my Dreams, actually..."