Chapter 13

"Declan, please. This is important." Begging my little brother to do something that will help me isn't something I'm used to doing. Unfortunately, it has to be done. "Just give me the name of the law firm on the top right-hand side of the NDA that was given to you by Luca's assistant."

I've been asking Declan the same thing for the past ten minutes. It's the closest thing Allison and I have come to in order to find the name of the law firm Luca's lawyers work for. If it wasn't for Declan's outburst weeks ago, we would have hit a brick wall by now.

"Kaylee, I would but I want to know what's in it for me."

I look up at the ceiling with my free hand on my hip. "Declan, I will find you wherever you are and hit you one if you don't tell me the goddamn name of the law firm!"

"Sure you will," he taunts.

"Allison, give me those car keys. I'm going to beat up my brother."

I hold my hand out for the car keys which Allison gladly hands to me. I shake them a couple of times to let Declan know I'm serious.

"Alright. Fine. Don't get your knickers in a twist."

I grin.

I knew pretending to leave and go after him would work. It always has and it always will because he knows I will hit him the first chance I get. I've done it before when we were younger – on more than one occasion – and I will only happily do it again.

"It is . . . Cromwell, Lawson and Kirkland." He says on a sigh. "Happy now?"

"Very," I answer. "Thank you."

I hang up and sit back down next to Allison.

"Well?" She asks.

"Cromwell, Lawson and Kirkland," I inform.

She types the name into a new search box and scans the search results looking for the right website to open. "Do you know which company his dad works for?"

"I think it's that company."

She nods and her eyes scan the web page she's looking at. It takes her a minute to look for some contact information, settling on phoning them herself rather than me. She puts her phone on speaker and waits for the call to be answered.

"I don't think they'll answer at that time over there, darling." My gran comments when there's no sudden answer, coming into the room and sitting down opposite us.

"Someone will be in if this is a big case," Allison tells her.

The phone rings a couple more times before it's finally answered.

"Cromwell, Lawson and Kirkland, how may I direct your call?" An American female receptionist finally answers.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could direct me to Mr. Nick Madden." Allison requests in her poshest tone of voice.

"If Mr. Madden hasn't gone home yet for the day as his assistant has, I'll certainly pass you over to him. One moment, please." The receptionist tells her.

The calls goes on hold and Allison nods in approval.

"So professional," she comments.

"Of course it is. It's a lawyer's office you're phoning," I remind.

She silently mocks my words before the call is answered by a male.

"This is Nick Madden, how may I help you?" Nick's strong voice instantly asks.

Allison's eyes widen and she passes the phone to me.

"Nick, it's Kaylee." I quickly say.

"Kaylee, why are you calling me? Shouldn't it be Luca you-"