Chapter 39 - Epilogue

2 years later

Luca's POV

I don't know why I agreed to do this. The two days before my wedding to the love of my life and I have to go and see the one person who has caused not only my fiancé, but my whole family nothing but grief. I've had two years filled with peace and happy times from welcoming my first child with Kaylee, planning our dream wedding, and expanding some areas of my business. But, as both Kaylee and I have come to realise, happiness comes at a price and since we've been happy for a considerable amount of time now, it's time for a bump in the road. At least this time, this bump in the road will be over and done with before it even gets a chance to start.

My fingers don't move from where I'm holding the cufflink that's at my left wrist. I can't stop staring at the chair that's in front of me behind a clear partition window. It's where Nadia will sit and say whatever it is she has to say to me but I won't care about a single word that comes out her mouth. I'm only here because I want to tell her that she is to never contact Kaylee again. She doesn't deserve anything from anyone and after today, with Cassandra Bailey standing next to me and our lawyers on standby, this will be last time Nadia sees anyone from the life she thought she could have.

"You can leave if you want," Cassandra tells me. "I'm just going to tell her that she better sign those damn divorce papers so my brother can finally move on. Almost two years she's been dragging this out for and trying to use our family name to get away with what she's done."

"She won't be getting away with anything," I assure.

"I know she won't which is why our lawyers are trying to get her sent over to America for a trial. At least over there, she'll be behind bars for the entire amount of time given to her unlike over here."

"Good thing your lawyers are my lawyers, then."

"Yes, and thank you for that." She flashes me a brief smile. "Finn may not say that but coming from my sisters and me, your help has been more than appreciated. As has setting our brother up with a nice girl."

"Not a problem. It's actually Kaylee you should be thanking for that." I stop fussing with my cufflink and clasp my hands in front of me. "After everything that happened to Allison, it's nice to see her with someone who treats her better than her ex did."

"I will thank Kaylee tomorrow at the wedding. I mean, I do admit that I was sceptical over Allison at first but she loves my brother for who he is and not for his money."

I scoff. "Trust me, even after all this time, I'm still a sceptic when it comes to Allison. It's how we've always been and I can't see that changing."

"Well, my brother is by no means a saint but as long as he is truly happy, that's fine by me."

I open my mouth to respond but close it when I see a prison guard bring Nadia into the room. He indicates for her to sit at the table opposite us and she does so with a shake of the head. For the first time today, I'm happy and it's because there's a partition to separate us. She won't be able to lay a finger on either Cassandra or myself and I won't need to hold back on my warnings or words. If she lashes out, she'll only be hurting herself.

"Just remember to not let her get to you," Cassandra whispers before sitting down.

"I won't," I respond, sitting next to her. I know I won't because that's exactly what Kaylee told me. It's what she's always told me when it comes to anything to do with Nadia.

"Well, if I ever had any luck, it sure as hell ran out at this very moment in time." Nadia sighs heavily. She folds her arms over her chest. "I thought my requests were simple enough but clearly they weren't. No sisters of my husband-"