Chapter I ~ Tape 1: Side B

Walking into Liberty High you could feel the tension in the air

Walking into Liberty High you could feel the tension in the air. It wasn't the normal uncomfortable feeling that loomed in the halls this past week, as the faculty forced anti suicide posters down the student bodies throats but a different kind of tension, like the calm before the storm.

Rowan walked to her locker and unlocked it before hanging her bag on one of the hooks in her locker. She grabbed her blue and white duffle bag, threw it over her shoulder and then walked into the gym where the cheerleaders and basketball team were practicing for today's pep rally, Rowan walked up to the bleachers and put her bag down "sleep through your alarm again?" A soft voice asked from next to her.

Rowan looked to the source of the voice to see Sheri Holland standing next to her smirking "Yeah." Rowan laughed softly, Rowan kicked off her slides and the pulled off her sweats leaving her in shorts and a hoodie, she pulled off the hoodie to reval a blue tank top that said 'TIGERS' on it and then pulled her tennis shoes out of her duffle bag and slid them on.

"let's go." Rowan smiled to the other cheerleader and they walked to the middle of the court and started to warm up.

Rowan felt someone's eyes on her and she turned to see Zach Dempsey staring at her, the tall basket player looked away blushing softly when he noticed he was caught staring, Rowan gave him a soft smile before looking away.

Clay Jensen walked into the gym and past Sheri and Rowan, they both paused stretching and started to watch him talk to coach Patrick, as did Zach."Hey skinny kid," coach called out as he walked up to Clay "close practice out."

"Sorry I just uh... is Justin Foley here today? He wasn't in home room..." clay stuttered and Coach cut him off "who are you?" "Clay, Clay Jensen, I'm in your 5th period." The scrawny dark haired boy told coach. "So is he here?"

"He's not." Coach told him as he crossed his arms "and he wasn't here yesterday, he better be here for this pep rally, so if you see him tell him is ass is running suicides till the lights go out." "I will thank you, and sorry for interrupting your practice." Clay started to leave but coach stopped him, coach walked up to him and asked him something quiet enough so the teens trying to eavesdrop couldn't hear.

After practice Rowan grabbed her bag and walked into the locker rooms to change. She pulled off her tank top and shorts before she sat down on the bench before putting on her jeans, tank top and flannel and pulling on her boots before tying them and checking her phone.