Chapter II ~ Tape 2: Side A

After lunch ended Zach and Rowan drove to the Woman's Clinic before parking Zach's silver Audi and walking inside

After lunch ended Zach and Rowan drove to the Woman's Clinic before parking Zach's silver Audi and walking inside. The couple walked through the sliding doors and over to the receptions window where a lady in her late 40's with pink and white scrubs and silver glasses sat looking at the computer.

Rowan walked up to the desk as Zach awkwardly stood behind her "hi." The woman smiled when she saw the blonde "hi, my name is Rowan Cody and I'm here to check in." "Alright and what is your date of birth?" The woman asked "3/22/2000" Rowan replied and she could feel a judgemental look on her.

She looked to her side where she saw a woman in her late thirty's or early forties looking at her with disgust. "All right we'll call you when we're ready." The woman behind the counter smiled and Rowan smiled back before muttering a thank you and walking to a chair.

Rowan and Zach sat down in the chairs next to the wall, Rowan pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her Instagram as Zach sat there bouncing his knee uncomfortably "Zach, breathe." Rowan giggled as she grabbed his hand

"Shouldn't I be the one telling you to calm down?" Zach asked and Rowan smiled "I think it's cute, how excited you are."

"Rowan Cody?" A nurse called from a door across from the reception window "Yeah." Rowan said as she stood up, she took a few steps toward the nurse when she noticed Zach was still in the chair "Zach, come on." She said and he stood up and walked over to her "I didn't know if you wanted me to come with you." Zach explained "of course I do Zach, I'm going to need you here with me the whole way." She said quietly as they got to the nurse "follow me." The nurse said as he led the couple down the hall.

He stopped in front of a room on his left and gestured to the bed that sat in the middle of the room "alright just lie down on the table and Doctor Mathis should be here in a few minutes." The nurse walked out of the room leaving the teens in the room.

Rowan kicked off her boots and sat down on the exam table. Rowan pulled up her shirt to reveal her stomach she looked over and saw Zach staring at her "what?" She asked quietly. Zach broke out in a smile "we made that." He said as he looked at her small baby bump "please don't call out baby that." She chuckled causing Zach to laugh too.

"Sorry it's just, we made a person." Zach said in awe "yep." Rowan smiled as she ran her hand over the bump and smiled "we made a person." She whispered softly "are you okay?" Zach asked and she nodded "yeah, yeah it's just..." Rowan was cut off by the nurse "sorry am I interrupting?" He asked from the door way.

"no it's fine." The nurse walked in and walked over to Rowan "so I'm just going to have you lay back in the chair and put your feet in these little things here." The nurse said as he pointed to the stirrups at the end of the table, Rowan put her feet in the stirrup "dr. Mathis should be here in a minute." The nurse said before exiting the room again.