Chapter VIII

After leaving the pharmacy Rowan started driving to school when she got a text from Zach

'Can we meet at the Park near your place?'

She texted back 'yeah' before heading to the park, when she got there she didn't see Zach's Audi. She parked her car and stepped out, pulling Zach's hoodie over her maroon tee shirt.

Rowan walked up and sat down on the swings, after a few seconds someone else sat down on a swing next to her, she looked over and saw Clay Jensen "What the hell are you doing here?" She asked the boy who just stared off into space "I got to your tape." He said and she felt her stomach drop.

"Good for you." She snapped standing up "what do you want clay?" "You were her friend Rowan!" Clay snapped "I made a fucked up choice okay Clay I got that." Rowan snapped back at the boy "what you did wasn't a fucked up choice, you screwed Hannah over!" Clay yelled "so did every other fucking person on those god damn tapes!" Rowan yelled back

"What do you want me to do clay? Huh? You want me to apologize to a dead girl? Because that won't bring her back, okay, nothing will bring her back." She said slowly "I want you to set the record straight!" Clay snapped jumping up "what do you mean?" She asked and he scoffed "tell the school your the one pregnant and it wasn't Hannah or I'll do it for you." "Fuck you Jensen!" She snapped "you can't fucking prove it anyway."

Clay went in his bag and held out the sonogram picture Zach had "I'll spread this around school, and every name that the kids at our school called Hannah, they'll call you." "Go fuck yourself!" She snapped before walking back to her car and driving away.

Instead of going to school she went to the docs, seeing as it was Friday and she wouldn't miss much, she just stared at the water as she thought of the end of her and Hannah bakers friendship.

Rowan had spent her entire summer in New York with her sister and a few friends but since school started last week her parents made her come back.

She was walking down the hall talking to another volleyball player named Gwen when she saw Hannah walk past looking freaked out "Hun, I'll catch up with you later okay?" Rowan asked and Gwen nodded.

The blonde cheerleader took off after the girl "Hannah!" Rowan called and the girl stopped "oh hi." Hannah said with a small smile "hey are you okay?" Rowan asked and Hannah shrugged, Rowan looked around and noticed Zach and some other jocks at the door looking at the girls "come on." Rowan sighed grabbing the other girls hand.

Rowan lead them to monet's and they sat at a table near the window "so what's going on?" Rowan asked and Hannah shrugged "a lot." "Talk to me han, I know we haven't been as close lately but you can still talk to me." Rowan said with a small smile

"When this summer started there was a Jock who I had a little summer romance with but we broke up because he said he didn't want his friends to know about this, then my parents are having so many problems lately, and Jessica's party last weekend was the party from hell." Hannah ranted