Chapter IX ~ Tape 5; Side A

Monday Rowan walked into school with Clay's threat still fresh in her mind, as she walked down the halls she noticed people kept looking at her and whispering, something that happened on occasion, so she shrugged it off and chocked it up to meanin...

Monday Rowan walked into school with Clay's threat still fresh in her mind, as she walked down the halls she noticed people kept looking at her and whispering, something that happened on occasion, so she shrugged it off and chocked it up to meaningless gossip.

When she got to her locker Sheri all but ran up to her "Rowan I thought you were keeping the baby a secret." Sheri whispered and Rowan whipped her head over to her friend "I am." She whispered back "then you need to look at this." Sheri replied and handed the girl a copy of the school newspaper.

When Rowan saw it her stomach dropped the headline on the front page read "Liberty tiger baby" and underneath was a picture of Rowan in a cami and her baby bump very visible.

"Oh my god." She whispered, Sheri grabbed the blonde and dragged her into an empty classroom "Rowan did you tell Ryan to publish this?" Sheri asked "No!" She exclaimed "oh my god I'm going to fucking kill clay."

Rowan stormed out of the class room in search of the publisher of the paper "what the fuck Ryan?!" She snapped when she walked up to him "Rowan what's up?" He asked with a smirk "What's up? Seriously? Why the fuck would you publish this?" She snapped showing him the paper.

"I got a note telling me to go ahead and tell the school, so I did." "Are you fucking serious Ryan? That was not your business to tell the whole school!" She snapped "It's news Rowan and I was just reporting it." He shrugged before walking away, leaving the pregnant girl speechless.

She called Zach but he didn't answer, she tried Justin too but it went strait to voice mail. She found Jess, Justin, Bryce, Sheri and Zach all standing outside the school "Zach!" She called walking up to him. "We need to talk." She told him before walking into school with out waiting for him.

She walked into an empty class room and sat on a table, a few seconds later Zach closed the door after he walked in and looked at her worriedly "are you okay?" "What the fuck do you think Zach?" She asked, he looked at her confused and she scoffed, she showed him the paper and he tensed up reading it "I'm going to kill Ryan." He seethed, turning to the door "Zach." Rowan said her voice wavering slightly.

He turned to face his girlfriend and saw that tears had glossed over her eyes. He walked over and wrapped his arms around her, she started to cry into his chest, he rested his head on top of hers until she calmed down a little. "Sorry," She hiccuped "fucking hormones." "It's fine baby." Zach said cupping her face in his hands "do you want me to handle this?"

Rowan shook her head and cleared her throat "I can do it, I just needed to have a breakdown I guess." She chuckled and Zach pecked her lips. "I need to go find the guys, but I'll find you at lunch okay." She nodded and they kissed again before he left.

She found Tyler in the photography room "what the fuck!" She snapped walking into the room, all of the other kids looked at her "all of you get the fuck out!" She snapped and all of the other kid scurried out of the room "how the fuck did you get this picture of me?!" She snapped "I saw you with out Zach's jacket on so I took it." Tyler rushed out

"This wasn't at school you freak, this was in my little brothers bedroom!" She snapped "I'm sorry." He moused out "if you ever. Ever! Come near my house, me, my child, my brothers, Zach or his sister again I'll fucking kill you you understand?!" She yelled and he nodded furiously "say it!" She snapped "I understand."

"Delete every goddamn picture you have of me right fucking now." She said and he nodded and grabbed his computer, he deleted all the pictures and then turned to look at her "stay the fuck away from me you little freak!" She snapped before storming out of the room.

During lunch Marcus hid pot in Clays bag and wound up getting him suspended for three days.

Rowan left school at lunch, the entire student body was whispering and pointing at her, a few were even bold enough to try and talk to her about it, they wound up either slapped or got yelled at. Now she was sitting in the Dempsey's living room with May and Mrs.Dempsey. "So how's the pregnancy?" Mrs.Dempsey asked, she was surprisingly okay with it, seeing as Zach was shitting bricks at the idea of telling his mom.

"Tiring, like physically tiring." Rowan sighed "I could imagine." Mrs. Dempsey replied "Is it a boy or a girl?" May asked and Rowan shrugged "we won't know for about two more weeks." Rowan told the girl who was curled up around Rowan's side "it's a girl." May said matter of factly "you so sure?" Rowan asked and May nodded.

"Zach thinks it's going to be a boy, he keeps telling me about how he's going to teach it basketball and baseball." Rowan told the girls with a small smile, "what do your parents say about the living arrangement?" Mrs.Dempsey asked "I told them about the baby but they refuse to talk about it, the baby, my pregnancy, hell I'm not allowed to say his name in my house." Rowan sighed and Mrs. Dempsey looked at the girl with pity

"Well your always welcome here hun." Zach came home and the four of them ate dinner together. After dinner Zach and Rowan went up to his room and were laying on his bed "are you okay?" Rowan asked and Zach nodded as he laid his head on her bump "why wouldn't I be?" Zach asked "because no normal human being would be okay if they were in our situation." Rowan pointed out and Zach laughed "I honestly think the worst is yet to come." Zach sighed "me too." Rowan agreed "you know I love you right?" Zach asked and he looked up at Rowan "of corse, I love you too more than anything." Rowan smiled and they interlocked their hands.