Chapter o1

I was walking when Laura brought her leg forward and i tripped.

Hard.

In the face.

On the ground.

I heard my nose crack and i whimper silently in pain.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did i hurt the woozy little girl." She laughed with her gang as a metallic taste entered my mouth.

It was my blood.

Well, i have to go to the school's nurse.

Again.

I brought my hanky from pocket and wiped the blood off my nose.

"Ew, seriously girls, let's leave before she infects us with her horrible disease." She left, her laughter echoing after her.

If i knew middle school life was like this, i wish i went in time and scolded the person who even made up that name. Unfortunately i have to endure, everyday of my life. 24/7.

Well not exactly 24/7 but still.

I sighed and a hurried out looking for my brother.

He was also bullied in this horrible school.

I love him and we go through these kind of things together.

But we are not always there to defend each other.

My brother and i are twins. Our mother died two months after we were born. And my father does everything in his power to provide for us.

Life for us is hard.

I hadn't realised i was crying till i felt salty tears in my mouth.

Stop crying Alexis and go look for your brother.

I paced off looking for my brother till i found him in the parking lot getting kicked in the guts my some guys.

His face was void off all emotions. We stopped caring years back when we knew we couldn't avoid all this.

My brother immediately stood up, only to get punched by Alex. The second most hottest guy in the school.

And a jerk. I thought bitterly.

I put my mouth over my mouth and gasped. While my brother just chuckled and glared at him dangerously.

If looks could kill, Alex would have been dead long time.

"What are you laughing about loser?" Alex snarled.

My brother continued chuckling darkly. "Oh, just the fact you are all complete idiots."

He punched him again.

"Enough." His voice boomed.

Him.

Derek, the school's number one player and hottest guy in this school. I hate him. I hated him and i still do. The pranks he did to me and my brother were unforgettable. The stupid jokes he played. Forever etched in my mind.

As if sensing my presence, he turned around and smirked mischievously. "Look what we have here boys. The little sister coming to save her brother from danger."

They all started laughing. Alex come and stood in front of me. He touched me making me crunch my nose in disgust.

He whispered in my ear."Why don't we live your brother here and go into a place somewhere...private and quiet."

I hadn't realized until a saw Alex cheek red.

Oh, I had slapped him.

But i didn't regret it either.

He looked at me, shocked and angry."Why you little bitch." He pressed his hand against my neck.

I saw something flashed in Derek eyes before it was replace by amusement. Mockery perhaps?

I felt my face turn blue, which made him squeeze harder.

"YOU BASTARD, LEAVE HER ALONE!" My brother shouted as he came my way.

Alex somehow calmed his anger and let go of me.

I collapse on the ground, but not entirely since i caught the ground with my hands and breathe in the air greedily.

"Are you alright?" My brother asked.

I nodded my head and closed my eyes for a slight second.

"Come on, let's go." He said.

We stood up and and looked at their direction. My brother glared at them before we left the place.

<><<<>>><>

We reached our home as i notice a big gush across my brother's arm.

"Oh my gosh, Alfred." I exclaimed.

He looked shocked for a moment but when he notice i spotted the gush, he relaxed.

"It's just a scratch, Alexis, it'll heal."

I was disappointed. "Not in my case it won't."

He silently laughed as i got a bucket and a cloth.

I soaked the cloth and squeezed the water out, gently cleaning the wound.

"Look at it, you could get easily infected." I shook my head.

He gently placed his chin on my head."It's alright sis, I'm okay, seriously." I could suddenly feel him smirking."Aren't you the feisty one kit." I frowned at that nickname he gave me ever since we were kids.

I looked at him and glared playfully."Aren't you the annoying one chuck." It was my turn to smirk and his turn to frown.

We suddenly heard the door open and it was dad.

His chocolate brown hair was a mess while his hazel eyes were tired.

"Hard day at work, huh dad." Alfred asked as dad nodded his head tiredly.

He went straight to the kitchen and took a bottle of water, gulping it in seconds.

"Has any mail come for me yet?"

We shook our heads.

He silently cursed himself and went to his laptop.

Unfortunately dad works for Derek's dad. He's the boss of Y enterprise. Apparently dad hates his job since he works the hardest there and well he also gets the lowest salary.

I know right, its completely unfair.

I finished wrapping the bandage on Alfred and a plaster on my nose.

Alfred kissed dad on the cheek, went too our room, saying goodnight.

"Well dad, goodnight too." I say to him as his eyes are focused on the laptop in front of him but i know he's listening.

I kissed him on the cheek, brushed my teeth, change to my PJs and went to bed, saying a silent goodnight to my brother who answered back. And let the darkness consume me.