Chapter f14a

Mike and i stood near the classroom as i took a deep breath.

Someone placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Hey."

I looked at him. "You'll get through this."

I gave him a small smile. "Thanks Mike."

He smirked. "Sure. Anytime."

"Cool outfit." I said.

"I know. Not bad eh." He replied cockily.

I rolled my eyes, not that i was expecting him to comment back. But i was correct though, his outfit is cool. Black shirt with a huge laughing skull with DaNgER written underneath it with his jeans a little low on his waist.

His smirk widened. "Now let's get this show on the road."

I took a deep breath and exhaled loudly then proceeded to enter.

The teacher was in the middle of talking when he suddenly stopped looking at us.

"State your name and business. Otherwise, the door is by your side."

Mike and i looked at each other briefly before looking at the face and the teacher.

"Alexis. New student." I answered.

"Mike. Also new student." I could here giggles from some students.

"And our first class is English. That's why we're here." I said.

"British. Impressive." He muttered loud enough for most people to hear."

"Well, this would sound cheesy and overused but you're both late for class. Let's hear the excuse and get this over with." The teacher stated calmly.

"We were caught up with the issue of our ti- schedules. Sorry."

"Well, you're new and all so please take a seat and not waste any more time."

I immediately scanned the classroom with my eyes to see if there were any empty seats available.

I found two but a skinny boy was seating in between.

"Mike." I called out to him and indicated my head to the seats.

"Well, i already saw it."

I shook my head, him and his ego.

We sat down as the teacher resumed his talking.

"As i was saying before being interrupted, this lesson is about..."

"Hey, kid. Would you mind if exchange places. Or seats. Whatever." Mike called out to the boy who sat in between us as the teacher turned and wrote today's topic.

"Um, uh... why?" He said nervously.

"Oh, you know. To seat besides by friend. Just do this one deed for me bro."

"Um okay." He quickly scurried to Mike's seat and he sat beside me.

"What do you want Mike?" I asked straight to the point.

"Just wanted to annoy if things get annoying." He said nonchalantly.

"Oh yeah, if you so as touch me with that intention and would break your arms, legs and neck and trust me i would do it and never go to jail saying i was defending myself since he was going to kill me. No, i think rape would be more convincing." I threatened calmly.

"Wow Lexi. What a great story." He said in a bored tone as if i didn't just threaten him.

"Please don't call me Lexi. It's too what is it, oh girlish."

"What about Lexis." He suggested.

"You do know it's not exactly a person's name. It actual means word in old Greek and a vocabulary used by writers right?"

"Yeah, whatever smarty pants." I rolled my eyes.

"Ok doofus."

"You know it means deaf in low German right." He said smugly and i could partically picture him with the all famous Michael's smirk.

I was about to smack him when,

"Miss Alexis and Mike, please kindly stop whatever bickering you're having or you'll be having detention and it won't be nice to have it in your records about having detention on the first day. Would it?" The teacher said without fully turning around.

"No sir." I replied taking my notes and writing what was on the board.

Short, i know, sorry. Writers block caught up with me.

Goal: 20 reads 15 votes