3.1 Nightmare

"I'm home."

"Welcome back, Nagisa, how did your History test go?"

"I think it went well, dad. I'll be in my room."

"Okay, make sure to do your homework."

The short blue haired boy starts making his way towards his bedroom, a small smile visible on his soft lips as he opens his door, greeting his normal sized room. He drops his bag onto his bed and starts rummaging through it, looking for the English homework he had received from his teacher earlier that day.

Once he finally finds it, he walks over to his desk, placing down the papers while he grabs the chair, pulling it out to sit down.

Even though English was one of the more 'fun' and easy subjects in his opinion, it was still quite hard to finish the homework his teacher had assigned him and his classmates, but that was as expected. He had surprisingly gotten into one of the more prestige high school of his mother's top list, it would definitely be easier to get into a good college, if he kept his grades up that is.

It only took a little less than an hour to finish everything, of course, he had to double check everything, fixing some small spelling mistakes that he noticed in the brief check. With a small sigh, he packs up the papers, his mind starting to think about what he could to to pass the time until dinner.

There wasn't much to do in his nearly empty room, his small bookcase only held the text books his mother had given him to help with his studies, and the drawer that held all his personal items such as his notepad from middle school or three fiction book his father had gifted him as a birthday present a few years ago.

What's worse, he couldn't text his 'friends', he didn't have any after all. None of his classmates from middle school decided to go to the high school he had chosen, which was fine. He thought he could make friends with his new classmates, but none of them seemed particularly interested in even talking to him, all of them already knew people from middle school, they already had their little friend groups. But he had no one, just like the start of junior high. Before he met him.

He brings himself out of his own depressing thoughts with a few slaps to his cheeks, this was no time to be depressing, it was one of the few times he could spend by himself, do whatever he wanted to do.

His hand starts reaching down for the drawer that was connected to his desk, it was relatively small but thankfully big enough to fit all his things. Opening it, he's met with the familiar placement of the three books and the notepad, a few smaller things littered around them, it was by far the least clean spot in his room.

Picking up one of the books he studies it for a few seconds, debating if he should read that one or one of the other two. He had already read all of them multiple times though it still seemed to satisfy his boredom.

With a slight nod, he closes the drawer and makes his way to his bed, sitting down and making himself comfortable before starting to open the book. Though instead of seeing the familiar letters he had seen countless time, it was all black. An unsettling feeling spreads through his gut as he flips through the pages, it was as if they were all absorbed in a black mass, the cover turning from it's regular brownish red color to a pitch-black one.

With a scared gasp he throws the book away from him, landing on the bed with a soundless thud. Though it was as if the nightmare continued as the mass continued to spread onto the sheets with a rapid pace. It was only a matter of seconds before it would reach him.

His body moved on it's own, running towards his door only to be met with more of the jet black mass, his gaze darts down onto the floor, seeing the mass start to crawl up his feet, a disgusting feeling coming over him, almost making him want to throw up as it continued up his crotch.