Prologue Part 4

This one is the 3rd or 4th last one.

Time skip brought you by onii-sama Lu Ten. The next day.

Today is a beautiful day. We are all outside, Zuko, Azula, their mom, and myself. Both Zuko's mom and I sat in front of the fountain, Zuko's mom sat on a bench while I sat on the grass on her left. While Zuko and Azula are running around playing, they did invite me to play along, but I was too tired to play because I stayed up til late making the treaty gift for Zuko.

"Did you manage to make the treaty gift for Zuko?" Zuko's mom asked in a whisper. "I was able to finish it late last night." I replied back in a whisper.

"May I see it?" She whispered while her eyes sparkled. Without saying a word, I stood on my knees and took out a small parcel, wrapped in cloth, out of my pocket. I slowly passed it to her, and she took it from me gently and unwrapped it.

"Wow, it's beautiful." Zuko's mom whispered. "Thank you. My mom taught me how to make flowers in different kinds of materials." I smiled and blushed while thinking of my mom.

"She has taught you well." Zuko's mom closed up the material and gave it back to me.

Zuko's mom suddenly looked up to her right side. I followed her gaze, and I saw a guard walking towards us with a scroll in his hands. He went on one knee and presented the scroll to her, and she took it from him.

She opened it up and read it. She slowly got up from her seat, still reading. I quickly got to my feet and stood in front of her. She slowly lowered the scroll as a single tear escaped her eye.

"What's wrong, mam? Did something happen on the battlefield? Please tell me." My voice started to shake.

"Iroh has lost his son." She looked away from. "WHAT?!" I almost shouted but couldn't keep the shock from my voice.

"Your brother/cousin Lu Ten did not survive the battle." She said.

Both my mouth and eyes opened up huge. 'How can this be? Why is this happening to me?' The same question kept running through my head over and over again. I looked down at my feet. I was too shocked to cry. My legs feel like jelly, like it might collapse soon underneath me. Something soft and warm grabbed my hand and started dragging me away.

We were walking very fast for a few minutes, and I did not once look up to see who was dragging me away. When we came to a complete stop before, I heard the doors open up, and the same person dragged me inside.

Once inside the safety of my room, only then my heart finally decided to break as I broke down crying, and my legs gave way from underneath me. But two strong arms caught me before I completely hit the floor.

The strong arms pulled me into a flat chest so that I knew the person was a he, as I cried hard into his chest. His one hand held me head while other rubbed circles on my back to try and calm me down.

"Shhh, shhh, shhh. Everything's going to be okay. I'm here for you (Y/N)." Zuko voice whispered into my ears. 'It can't be Zuko. I thought he was angry with me.' I thought to myself.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before my sobs calmed down a bit. I slowly snaked my arms around him. He must have noticed because he stopped rubbing circles on my back and hugged me tight, which I gratefully returned.

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)." Zuko whispered into my ears. "Why... are... you... saying... sorry?" I managed to get out between sobs as I started to cry all over again.

He didn't say anything and started to rub circles on my back again, and he continued to try and calm me down. We stayed like that for another few minutes before I slowly stopped crying as I started to run out of tears.