Revisiting old memories

I'm finally back everyone, yes I am. Back with a treat for everyone whose Quarantine-ing right now. Dr Asfandyar, Dr Zubiya and the whole paramedical staff of Neelum Valley Hospital advises you to stay at home, stay safe :)

Happy Reading !

***

Asfandyar stood in front of that old house. And so one day, after time unmeasured, the house opened each door and window. It shivered at first, for the wind felt cold and it was used to the dust and the odour of nothing. It was a long time, they were back. The house had become aware of itself, of the history that echoed within the walls. Somewhere within, mixed with the pain, were images of soft flowers.

Vividly he could picture his childhood. Within the house stayed there the memories of his birth, of the hugs and laughter that once were its colours and music, for that is the way of spirits. So though the floors were bare and the paint was in need of loving care, though the furniture lay still without the warmth of its family, it stood all the same, strong beneath the flakes and dirt of years.

The walls didn't seem so grey when he was only a boy. Asfandyar felt like no time had passed since he moved from this house, yet as he gazed upon the silence and the loneliness, it was evident just how wrong he was.

***

"Asfi? Ander nahi jana?" Gaiti asked behind his back.

He turned and looked at her. He knew his bhabhi felt the same. The nostalgic waves hit her hard too, but she was composed just like him.

"Bhabhi yeh wohi ghar hai jahan hum baray hoye hain? Yakeen nahi aata." he exclaimed.

"Asfi mein, mein tou khud aaj yahan ki khamoshi dekh kar heraan hoon. Itnay dinon kai baad aaj yahan wapis aker itna ajeeb lag raha hai. Aesa lagta hai jesay kal ki hi baat ho, meri shaadi hoyi thi iss ghar mai. Uss baat ko bhi abb 6 saal hogaye hain. Sab kuch kitna badal gaya hai." she replied softly.

"Waqt kitni ajeeb cheez hai bhabhi. Kabhi guzarta nahi hai aur kabhi itni jaldi guzar jata hai kai insaan ko khud samajh nahi aata." he smiled and looked at the abandoned house. It felt so alone, so empty. He wondered how long had it been since, it heard the laughters of the family? How long had it been since it felt the coolness of fresh paint or contained the fragrance of Sunday dinner?

"Waqae." she sighed and placed her hand at his arm, consoling his memories to rest. They stood their in silence for some minutes.

Meanwhile, Dr. Haroon and Zubiya also reached them.

"Arey Asfand aap meray intezar mai abhi tak ander nahi gaye. Bohat shukriya, likin itni izzat ka mai kya karoon ga. Mai saadha sa insaan hoon, mujhay bura nahi lagta. Baki haan ager aap Dr. Zubiya ka wait kar rahay thay tou woh aur baat hai." he said and laughed.

While Gaiti and Zubiya passed a fainted smile knowing well Asfandyar will be annoyed. Dr. Haroon's wit was enhanced alot ever since he had joined the 'Khans'. He always justified that irritating Asfandyar is the revenge of every strictness he had shown in the early times.

Asfandyar looked at Dr.Haroon and rolled his eyes.

"Haroon aap chalein ander aur Saim kidher hai?" Gaiti asked as she found no signal of him around.

"Saim tou uncle aunty kai sath ander chala gaya hai." he replied. Then Gaiti and Haroon walked inside.

"Aap kya soch rahay hain?" she asked him as she saw his expressions were deep and sorrow at some edges.

"Kuch nahi yaar. Bus revisiting my old memories." he replied skirting the entire house and let out a sigh. "Anyways lets go inside." he added.

***