Gaming with the stargazer

Posting the chapter at 4:51 am bec I'm highly insomniac!

Enjoy :)

---

The constant sonic booms and distant cracks of gunshots kept thudding and reverberating in the blacklit lounge as the changing graphics illuminated his face with light hues of yellow and flourescent blues. The screen flickered from dark to bright and his eyes shone. His hands were simultaneously tight-shooting with the controller as he was the first person-shooter. The echoes, the consonant vibrations of the acoustic sounds could be easily heard throughout the house but he was just too engrossed that he couldn't realize the volume was unusually loud. 

Asfandyar was nestled casually on the couch, his back resting against the soft velour cushions that were littered around. He was playing his console in the dark lounge, his eyes never leaving the bright screen. They were completely transfixed on the video game as the door of his bedroom swung open and Zubiya came out. 

She had a literal hard time adjusting her eyes in the dark lit room. At first the darkness of the room dazzled her by the recent glare coming from the screen. For a minute or two she could make out nothing at all but dark figures of the furniture, the mass of the couch nearby, the coffee table and his shadowy torso seated over the couch.

"Asfi awaaz thori aur unchi karlein, hospital tak nahi jaa rahi hogi." she hollered fairly playing with a touch of sarcasm as she strolled nearer to the couch. She lit up a dim yellow lamp having mercy over the darkening environment, that was almost sickening.

After what it felt like ages, Asfandyar diverted his gaze from the screen and looked at her. Standing in the golden light she looked a masami. In his large raglan shirt she looked significantly small, but that gray men's shirt fitted nicely over her body. Not that it went well all good enunciating her curves but his over sized shirt made her feel secure, safe and most importantly warm. Pairing it up with black leggings she had rolled her golden falling hair in a loose bun. 

She looks way better in it than I do! He thought inwardly. After Asfandyar and Zubiya had tied the knot back like an year ago, he had clearly started to notice how Zubiya used to hijack his wardrobe at times and pick up his shirts for the night. Granted his shirts, he literally used to tease her, for not wearing what she already had, that too loads and loads of. One fourth of their wardrobe had her colourful clothes hanging and folded and the remaining space which was fortunately left for him, was filled with his grays and blacks and dim blues. But surprisingly he never complained. After experiencing the dullness over the years, the colours from her mere clothes filled his life with euphoria and complete bliss.

 As much as he used to whin around teasing her, he secretly loved her figure in his clothes. After she had wore his shirts over nights, laudered them and hung them back, there was still something comfortable about being able to get the whiff of her fruity scent that had rested within the threads and cuts.

-

Standing in between the screen and the couch from where he was sitting and continously gaming for hours, she had folded her arms over her bosom. She eyed him and waited for him to pause his game, that he was heavenly addicted to.

"Awaz tou already full hai. Aur unchi nahi ho sakti. S O R R Y!" he replied back playing with her words as he un-willingly paused the game so that he could talk to his Mrs who looked quite cranky about something. 

Usman uncle and Lubna aunty were out of city to attend a wedding of a family friend while Asfandyar and Zubiya had to stay back beacuse Zubiya had to give certain hours of Recognized Continued Medical Education (CME). After completing her house job, she had started working as a front line doctor. Now after some years of her graduation, in order to become Board Certified, she was giving some rigorous certification exams. She needed to complete her annual Continuing Medical Education courses in order to maintain the licensure.