Chapter 10

Overwhelmed by her husband's sudden and seemingly accidental death, Joanne angrily packed Andy's clothes into his suitcase. "If only I had listened to him..." She whispered, looking at Kyle.

"It's not your fault," Kyle tried to comfort her, grabbing Andy's suitcase. "I'll take care of this."

Sighing, you finished packing your clothes. You walked downstairs to join Andy and Miss Poole.

"Aw guys, it'll be okay. We'll just take you back to the center for a while until we can find you both a new family." Miss Poole said gently. Smiling weakly, you nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry (y/n)..." Andy said quietly, wrapping his arms around you.

"Ah it's okay kiddo, this isn't your fault." You smiled, wrapping your arms around him too. You knew that he was probably blaming himself for Phil's death and for you two getting sent away.

Kyle entered the room, carrying Andy's suitcase. "Well, here's your stuff." She sighed, handing him the bag.

"Alright, let's go." Miss Poole said, grabbing Andy's suitcase and walking out of the door.

"He's still in the basement Kyle... don't let him get you too..." Andy warned.

You smiled sadly at Kyle before leading Andy outside.

*******************************************

Kyle returned to the basement, answering any questions the police asked. When they finally left, she took the doll and shoved it in the trash can.

Longing for some peace after this horrible night, Kyle lit a cigarette and sat down on the swing. As she swung, her feet kicked up the dirt a little at a time. Soon, she noticed something in the dirt.

Suspicious, Kyle grabbed the object. It was a good guy doll, it's face mutilated. Horrified, she dropped the doll and returned to the trash can that she had just thrown Chucky in.

Chucky was gone.

The blood in her veins ran cold as she heard a thump from upstairs. "Joanne?!" She called.

Running inside, Kyle rummaged through the cabinets and retrieved a dagger. She then made her way upstairs to Joanne's room.

Kyle opened the door, seeing Joanne sitting at her desk, using the sewing machine.

"Joanne?" Kyle called quietly.

She turned the spinning chair around, revealing Joanne. Her throat was slit open in a grisly manner.

Disgusted and shocked, Kyle quickly sat down on the bed. Chucky snuck up behind her, jumping on her back. The surprise caused her to drop her dagger.

Kyle struggled to loosen the doll's grip. Successfully grabbing a lamp post, she knocked Chucky from her shoulders.

He quickly retreated out of sight. Kyle backed against the wall, still gripping the lamp post.

Remembering her dagger, she bent down to grab it, but Chucky reached from under the bed and grabbed the weapon.

Kyle jerked back in surprise. She began to circle the bed, waiting for Chucky to show himself. While she was distracted, he reached out and tripped her.

Chucky approached Kyle, poking her cheek with the dagger.

"You heard me."

TO BE CONTINUED...