13

After my city escape, Skye went back to ignoring me. I thought it was for the best. A few months had passed, but I still felt embarrassed thinking about what had happened.

School was finished. The last thing I needed to attend was the prom, then I could focus entirely on preparing for the medicine entry exam. For this final event, I decided to be daring and follow my instincts, instead of the traditional costumes. After all, I was living by myself and did not have anybody telling me what and not to wear. So, I got a tuxedo instead of a dress and heels.

From outside the door, I heard a shout 'Sophie, are you ready!?'

'Yes, Rach, just give me five more minutes and I will be out.'

I was actually already dressed up. My blond-white locks where left loose, barely reaching shoulder length. I just needed to find the ultimate bit of courage to show myself. I was aware that I appeared as the pack rebel of the situation. It was kind of funny to think that a submissive Omega turned out to become a nonconformist rule-breaker. I giggled to myself.

As I came out of the door, Rachel's eyes widened in surprised. I could also hear a Oh sound coming out of her lips.

'Sophie, OMG, what is that?'. She pointed at my chest.

'Oh, this?' I pointed at my chest as well. 'This is a tie. I was actually undecided whether wearing a tie or a bow, but went for the tie instead. I think it suits me better, what do you reckon?'.

I started fidgeting with the tie. I was pretending to adjust it, trying to mask my anxiousness, although I was aware that it could be smelt a mile away.

I saw Rach opening and closing her mouth multiple times but she was unable to emit any sound.

'Rach! Soooo, I think I look alright, what do you think?

'Sophie, you look great!... I just did not expect that my little sis never thought of telling me that she liked to cross-dress. I mean, it is perfectly fine with me, I just was not expecting it to be shown on prom night.'

'Oh, Rach I am not a cross dresser. Well, actually I am not sure. I have never thought about it. What I am sure of, though, is that I am gay.'

I instinctively closed my eyes, when I opened them I saw Rachel as pale as a white sheet. At that, my eyes grew bigger and I felt the blood draining from my face.

As the words sunk into Rachel's brain, she leaned forward and gave me a big tight hug. She started crying, which made me sob as well.

'Shit, Sophie. I don't know what to say... I am so happy that you have just came out to me. It means a lot. I trust you and I want you to trust me.... However, I must be straightforward with you. I don't want you to get hurt. I am afraid that some pack wolves might not take it well. You know, your unconventional look tonight, kind of raises questions. Uncomfortable questions. Do you feel ready?

In between tears, I gave Rach a weak smile. She was always so caring. I loved her deeply.

'Well, Rach, if worst come to worst, I will leave the prom.' I tried to joke 'Well, it wouldn't be the first time that I was left running back to the cabin...' Because of the memories, a sad expression formed into my face and Rachel tighten her hug again. I recovered quickly and then added with extreme resolution.

'I am tired of being scare of being myself. Sure, I cannot change my submissive instincts, but I would like to feel comfortable in my own shoes for once. I think I deserve some happiness too.'

'Sophie, of course. Just always remember that I will be on your side and I am proud of you.'