23

The first day back to uni was exhausting. Skye had never left my side, not even when I finally rejoined Alexis in the dormitory. We had dinner together. The three of us. We had loads to catch-up and talk about.

'Skye, no worries, I will be fine tonight. I can manage to sleep on my own.' I laughed at the weirdness of my own words. I have been living by myself for more than a year and now I had my Beta looking at me unconvinced. Sure I will miss having her warm, soft body next to mine, but I didn't expect this arrangement to last forever.

'Mmh, not sure about that. What if you fall and land on your bad leg? What if you start feeling ill, need immidiate assistance or anything else?' Skye was getting more agitated by the minute, gesticulating while talking almost like an Italian would do.

'Skye, do not worry. Sophie is in safe hands with me. I am just next door. If Sophie needs anything, I will be happy to help. Now, go get some sleep.' Alexis quickly said. Cannot blame her it was past 1am.

'You are right Alexis. I got so used to looking after Sophie that is seems off, not having to do so. Goodnight Alexis, goodnight Sophie'. Skye's shoulders slouched down a little and then she left.

..........

About three months had passed from the incident. By now, I was fully recovered. The test and uni were going great, also thanks to the help of Skye and Alexis. I got into a nice and balanced study routine wih them which worked brilliantly. I think by now we were kind of best friends. The three of us. We didn't share many personal details, but we enjoyed througholy spending time together. I could feel a connection between us, we trusted each other, especially after that eventful night.

Next weekend it will be my birthday. I will come to age, 18. From that evening I will be able to smell my mate. I have mixed feelings about it though. I am satified on how my life is going at the moment. I dont want to change it. On the other hand, it must be nice to have someone that you can connect with, in the deepest possible way.