18

'So, are you coming?' I asked Alexis.

'Nah, I need to finished the essay due next month.'

'Oh, ok'. I guessed my disappointment was more obvious than I thought it would be because then Alexis added. 'Well, since I still have a month to finish the essay and we still haven't had a night out together. I supposed one evening off doesn't hurt'.

I beamed with joy. In last two month together, Alexis and I grew closer and closer. We had a lot in common on top of sharing the same roof. Silently, Alexis became one of my few trusted friends.

Skye was sometimes joining us for lunch, but she didn't seem to connect with Alexis particularly well. They were ignoring each other mostly.

Once, Skye also asked me if she could attend our study sessions. I couldn't believe it. The Beta who is asking the Omega permission to do something. Whaaat. Living in the city, away from the pack, gave me the impression of living in a different planet. More human style than wolf shifter. Also, after all that has happened, I am fairly positive that, at this stage, I could call Skye a trusted friend too.

..........

'Ok, I am ready!' Alexis shouted from the bathroom.

Alleluja, I thought to myself. I was ready half an hour ago. I had a pair of tight blue jeans, a red-black squared shirt. My long blond locks left loose. No make-up.

When Alexis came out I couldn't believe my eyes. She wore a tight pair of skinny black jeans, 4 inch heels, an elegant white top, with just enough eyeliner to make her icy blue eyes shine in the dark. She looked ridiculously sexy.

My mouth felt dry and I felt hot everywhere. I wondered from my strong body reaction whether I was developing a crush on Alexis as well.

She looked at me and smiled satisfactorily. She must have smelt my arousal. Damn.

There was a knock on the door. I was annoyed by the further delay in our departure. I quickly opened and I was met by a pair of forest-green eyeballs. It was Skye and she looked pissed off.

As I opened the door, she scanned me up and down. Both hands on her hips 'Where are you going?'

'Alexis and I are going to join Leo's birthday party'

At that, there was a brief look of sadness and disappointment in Skye's eyes. My wolf whined at that.

Skye narrowed her eyes at Alexis and said

'Please, look after Sophie. And do not try anything with her. Is that clear?! She is not of age yet...'

Skye did not leave any time to answer to Alexis. She turned on her heels and left.

Alexis crossed both of her arms on her chest then addressed me instead.

'I could sense jealousy... I bet she smelt your arusal from her room. It is so bloody strong.' Alexis smirked. I blushed and willed for the earth to swallow me up this very moment. She continued 'So, is there something going on between you two? And you are not 18 yet!? I see... Well, to be honest, I am not surprised you skipped a year of high school ahead of your age. You are a bright kid. '

I promptly replied 'No, nothing is happening between us... and thanks for the bright thing part' I smiled but then flasbacks of Leo's first night out came back on my mind. I lowered my head again onto the floor, focusing on the particle of dust embedded in the carpet. I was blushing hard. I knew that much.

Alexis didn't dropped the subject of our convo and added 'She cares about you, you know.'

'UhUh.' Those dust particles, how many. Gosh, I never noticed before. We might need a deep cleaning asap.

'Ok, dumbass, let's go to your friend's party.'

I inhaled sharply and slumped my hand on my chest. 'Excuse me, dumbass to whom?.' I exclaimed with a shocked expression, pretending to be offended.

Luckily for me, after the Supernatural World War, most buildings were made using a special soundproofing material that minimised the ability of the supernaturals to overhear conversations from other rooms. I would not have wanted Skye to overhear any of this.