Chapter 17

Guys legit me being emotional over all of your comments and support love you all!

ok, I'll leave you alone so you can read the story now.

Mr. Rang backs up in fear of the intruder that interrupted him. He lets out a sigh when he realizes it's just Quin. He may be relaxed but Quin tenses up when she sees Mr. Rang in her husband's office and she backs up a little before eyeing him and finally speaking "What the hell are you doing in my husband's office?"  

Mr. Rang was looking for something that would make him a very rich man and when he heard Mr. Brooks letting everyone off for the evening he figured this to be the best opportunity to find his valuable book. He looked around the office and knew he could make no excuse for the awful mess he made yet he could still not find what he was looking for. Almost like a vibrant light flashed in his head shining an evil idea into his head he looks up at poor Quin and gives her his best, fake heartwarming smile. He slowly steps towards her like a hunter about to attack his prey he reassures Quin.

"Don't worry I called your husband about this. He let everyone in the office off for the night because there was a break-in and he wanted to keep things quiet until they find who is responsible."

The office fills with the breath that Quin had been holding. She felt a weight leave her chest but then as fast as the weight had left it settled back into her stomach. She furrows her eyebrows "That doesn't make sense. Grayson would have told me if that were the reason."

"You're right it doesn't make sense." Mr. Rang smiles and as if watching from a corner in the room you could see the pure terror in Quin's eyes when she saw the man pull a gun from his waistband and knock her on the side of the head with it. 

"Stupid girl."

***

The room was dark from the night sky and while Quin was in the locked room contemplating her next steps, Mr. Rang was on the other side of the wall planning out his call to Grayson. He repeated over and over what he would say in shaky breathes.

"I have your wife, meet me with the ledger and I will hand her over safely-

"Hello!!! this is Mr. Rang please come chop my balls off so I can grow a bigger set!" Quin yells through the paper-thin wall and Mr. Rang groans from yet another one of Quin's interruptions. He glances at his colleague who had helped him get Quin into the locked room. Slader picks up a knife and hands it to Mr. Rang. 

"She's right you do need to grow a pair so go teach her how a woman should act."

Mr. Rang stares at the man's meaty hand holding the gleaming knife. He grabs the knife with sweaty palms and walks to the door unlocking it the man walks in.

***

"Fuckkkkkkk shittt you bitch!"

"Stay away from me you hairy ball sack!"

Mr. Rang stumbles from the room and quickly locks the door with his now bloody palm."

"Dude, what the fuck happened?" Slader looks at his temporary boss and sees cuts on his arms."

Mr. Rang just glares at the man in the seat "She's crazy! I'm not going back in there."

"Just make the phone call so we don't have to hold her any longer."

Minutes later Grayson gets a call and Mr. Rang explains that he has his wife and he wants the ledger, not to involve anyone and to meet him at an unknown location that will be given to him within the hr.

Grayson, of course, complies not wanting any harm to be done to Quin.

Once the phone call is done Mr. Rand leans back in his chair and finally relaxes not realizing that he had left the knife in the room with Quin and that she is now unsealing the small window and hoping down the two-story house. 

Quin mutters how much some men are dumb ass pussy's and she decides to climb a tree that's across the street from the house. Of course, she heard the whole phone call and decided it was best to follow them to their location and then call the police. She hopped down from the tree to find a convenience store to buy a burner phone with what little money she had in her pant pocket.

Sometime later the boys texted Grayson the meeting point which was at an empty 7-eleven in the middle of nowhere about an hour away. They pack up all of their things leaving no trace that they were even in the house and then they walk to the locked door. Mr. Rang felt almost ecstatic with adrenaline of what they are about to pull off but it soon leaves him when he swings the locked door open and sees the room empty. He decides to turn the light on trying to convince himself that the reason why he can't see the woman but when he does he still does not see her and he begins to panic.

He did not know that shimmering eyes were staring at him from across the street but they were and they were ready to do some damage.

Quin laughing at how stupid Mr. Rang is.

 Rang is

wow finally getting into some action whoop whoop anyways hope you lovely readers liked this chapter and yes I have changed my point of view for this book.