chapter 18

"Why. won't. this. stupid. thing. work." Quin punches the dashboard with anger as she tries again to spark the two cut cords. She had seen people start cars all the time in movies by doing this, but it just wasn't working. She gets out and slams the car door not caring if the owner in the house looks out to see a crazy girl messing with his car that he stupidly left unlocked. Quin shrugs and looks around the rich neighborhood. A small smile appeared on her face when she realized who lived a block away.

***

She had only seen his house once for his graduation party and all his friends were surprised to pull up to a massive 4 story house with greek looking pillars and a horseshoe driveway. Quin recalled when she had first arrived at the house and tried not to laugh. The boy lived in a full-on mansion and still chose to sleep on her couch at least three times a week.

She walks up to the lit porch and walks up the stairs two at a time. The doorbell rings through the house and soon the door opens and a pair of eyes stare at her in shock.

"Hey, Colon..."

He just stares at her "What are you doing here?"

"Are your parents home?"

"No...

"Great I need to borrow your car you still have it right?"

"You mean my Lamborghini Veneno?"

"Yeah that...I just can't explain everything right now but I will when I come back."

Colon just stares at Quin before grabbing the keys on the hook in the entranceway and putting shoes on his feet.

"Ok let's go"

Quin places a hand on his chest to stop him "No just me."

He just gives her  a 'you got to be shitting me' look

"You have had so many car tickets, I'm totally not trusting you to drive my car."

Colon watches as Quin rolls her eyes and groans before walking down the steps again and huffing out a big whatever.

"Just give me the address."

***

"PUSSY come on go faster!" Quin yells while trying to push Colon's foot down harder on the gas pedal.

Colon with a scared expression tries to push Quin over. 

"This is exactly why you are not driving and I am. Now stop pushing down on my leg or I will drop you off at the nearest turnoff."

Quin finally leaves Colon alone and she crosses her arms with an exasperated expression she just sighs before moving to the radio. "Fine but you can't complain about the music...pussy"

Minutes later they pull up to a dirt road that looks dark and sketchy as hell but Quin tells Colon to park and then she hops out of the car with all the courage of a lion when really she had none. 

"whoa what do you think you're doing?" Quin eyes Colon who looks like he's about to follow her.

"I'm obviously coming with you." 

"Look, this is perfectly safe nothing to worry about so stay in the car." Quin gives Colon a smile to seem more convincing.

"Ok fine." Colon opens the car door and sits down. Quin taps the side of his window motioning for him to roll it down so he complies.

"Can I see your phone really quick?" 

"Sure but why?" Colon hands Quin his smartphone and Quin digs something out of her pocket before placing the burner phone she had bought earlier into Colons lap. 

"I need your phone for a few minutes and you can use mine." Quin walks away but stops almost forgetting something she looks Colon right in the eyes 

"Oh and I'm going to need you to call 911 in about 15 minutes." She watches Colons face go from tan calm complexion to a pasty white shocked expression.

"Yeah ok I think that's about it. See you in a few" Quin waves bye before Colon can say anything and she runs down the dirt road.

***

Quin's P.O.V

I race down the dirt road as fast as my jiggly thighs can take me and I try to silence my heavy breathing. I regret eating so many french fries in my life. I can already see the clearing up ahead so I slow down and quickly turn on Colon's smartphone typing in 1111 I gain access and go to the camera setting before putting it on record and in the strap of my bra. Walking up to the clearing I can see Slader holding a gun at someone and Mr. Rang behind him with an angry expression and yelling at someone yards away. My eyes follow and I see that he's arguing with Grayson who has something that looks like a book in his hand, with his other hand he is yelling and waving it around. I catch Slader yelling "Give us the book or I WILL shoot you."

without thinking at all I run out of the clearing and freeze when a loud bang goes off. I could feel the vibrations of the bullet hitting a foot away from my feet. 

"I'm guessing you missed on purpose." I try to get rid of the shake from my voice.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Slader and Grayson yell at the same time and I just shrug.

"I wanted to make sure nothing bad would happen to you Grayson and I still don't understand what is happening and why Mr. Rang is doing this."

As I talk I try to inch closer and closer to Grayson. 

"You stupid girl, we need the ledger to steal money from people and to-

"That's enough," Slader tells Mr. Rang who abruptly stops.

I take one more giant step towards Grayson and am now standing in front of him with Slader's gun pointed right at my head.