Chapter 28

what matters most is we finally found each other, and that truth is stronger than the pain oft our past.
-John Mark Green

I groan at the loud banging coming from the bedroom next to mine, Colon has yet another guest spending the night with him. I'm 30, trust me I've had my share of guests stay for my pleasure but not has many as Colon, being room mates with him sucked but I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else, well maybe someone else but he was long gone. I look at the digital clock that glowed at me through the darkness.

ehh only 4:00 I guess I could go to the coffee shop early. I quickly got dressed into my casual jeans and a tee before leaving.

The coffee shop definitely was a good little investment of mine, it made a steady flow of cash and kept me busy. My mom had left money in her will before she went completely insane and died a few years back so I decided to build the cafcow coffee shop, just a little hole in the wall considering the city it was in.

I unlock the shop and begin turning on lights and pulling out ingredients. muffins and a few pastries sound good.

***

By mid afternoon the shop was full. People on their lunch breaks wanting the extra energy boost, and tables filled with people on their computers. "Quin, There's something wrong with my register, the money draw is stuck again." Tabitha says. I quickly finish up another order and rush over to the register. "Sorry about that," I tell the customer while typing a few numbers in, "it seems to get shy when there's a long line." still looking at the register I give it a few smacks to the side and the money tray ejects. I look up at the customer in triumph only to still in shock when I see that the customer is not a stranger but is Grayson. I hadn't seen him in years, yet he still looked so young. He seemed equally as shocked and we both just stood there soaking each other in. The only signs of aging was some grey hairs sprinkled through out his light beard and hair. I could also see the slight wrinkles around his eyes from when he used to smile. I quickly avert my eyes and subconsciously tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. I grab the money owed and hand it to him. "Here you are," I give him a smile but he still just stares frozen at me. "Your drink will be ready soon, you can grab it at the end of the counter." I say before walking away.

bottled up feelings emerged from my body as I quickly went out the back to get some fresh air.

God, I missed him.

***

It was late afternoon and everyone had left the coffee store. I let the workers off early and told them I'd clean up. I wiped the counters down and swept the floors, as I swept the bell to the door rung, signalling someone came in.

Damn it I thought I had locked up already.

I turn to tell the person to bugger off but to my surprise it was Grayson.

"What are you doing hear?" I ask gently.

"I'm in town for a business meeting," he shrugs

"No I mean in this shop, it's closed." I say more seriously and he slowly steps my way.

"Why was the door unlocked then?" he says in a teasing manner.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes, "Well, obviously you can tell by no one being in here," my eyes widen as he keeps walking towards me, "What are you d-

His lips smash against mine as his hands go to the back of my neck to hold me still. My whole being melts at the familiar presence with mine, a feeling washed over me, a feeling of finally being home.

He pulls away and my eyes flutter open to look at his.

"Well, at least buy me a drink first." I sarcastically say.

Grayson lets out a low chuckle, "Would you like to go get a drink?"

This is the final chapter. I hope all of you enjoyed this story.