Chapter 9

"Hey baby, I've got something to tell you!" Avery said pulling me onto his knee on the couch for a cuddle.

I put my arms round his neck "what?" I mumbled
"So you know how I'm 19 in a few weeks and I've been applying to colleges" he said slowly to make sure I was listening.

I nodded for him to continue, "Well I applied for the University of Miami for their engineering course, and I got accepted, full scholarship." He said with a smile,

"Wow, well done on Aves, that's amazing" I said hugging him tightly

"Baby do you know what that means?" He asked slowly but I shook my head.

"I'm moving to Miami,I'll get to be with my babygirl"
He said with a huge lopsided grin, I froze out of shock for a minute before standing up.

"OMG THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER, I LOVE YOU AVESSS" I screeched, pulling him up and hugging him tightly.

"I love you more babygirl, I Told you I wouldn't leave you" he mumbled into my neck, lifting me off the ground and spinning me around.

"What's going on In here, we heard yelling" Holly chatted walking into the room followed by the boys who looked confused.

Avery put me down "Avery's moving to Miami!" I cheered hugging him again

"That's great news, how come Avery?" Holly said sitting in the couch patting for Avery to sit down.

He sat next to her and I perched down on his lap, earning glares from he Boys, that's weird?

"Well I applied to Miami university for their Engineering course and they accepted me on a full scholarship, plus I don't think I could live with out my girl" he said sending me a smile and jigging his knee up and down at the same time, like I was a toddler needing to be entertained which made me laugh.

"You Two are just so adorable, and that's great news, well done!" She said patting him on the back and leaving the room.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked the boys, the room chorus with a 'yes' and we choose to watch DeadPool, I love this movie.

I snuggled under the blanket, still sat in Avery's lap,
"Press play" I nagged sawyer who was next to me

"The remotes closer to you" He said simply.

"Yeah but I'm comfy and I can't reach" I complained

"What's a shame" he said a little bitterly before pressing play, what's his problem today?

<><><><><><><><><><>

After the movie we decided to go out and get ice cream before dinner because why not, the place wasn't far so we there.

We walked into the ice cream parlour and the bell above us dinged signalling our entrance,

We sat down at a booth and the boye looked at the list of ice cream that they had.

Avery turned to me "Usual?" He asked with a smile,
I smiled back "The Usual" I confirmed with a nod

A few minutes later the lady came over with our orders and handed me a cone of Ice Cream, mine and Avery's usual order, since we where kids.

I squealed and looked at in excitement,

"Avery, you not getting anything?" Ethan asked noticing he was the only one without Ice Cream

"I have some" he said gesturing to the come I was holding and the boys looked confused.

"You share?" Ethan asked confused and looking slightly weirded out at the fact, but to us it was routine.

"Yeah, 2 scoops of strawberry, 1 Scoop of choc chip mint, the mint always has to be in the middle. The strawberry is for Emmy and the Mint is for me." He exclaimed casually and the boys still look confused.

"So why don't you just get a cone of mint and Em get a cone of strawberry, wouldn't that make more sense?" Daniel butted in

Me and Avery looked at each other and rolled our eyes, we heard this every time we explained it.

"Logically yes, but it's how we've always done it, since we met." He said to them

"This still needs an explanation?" Chris said dumbly

"When I was 5, I was at the park when I saw a little girl crying, so I went to my mom and asked for and Ice cream, she bought me this, I don't know why so don't ask. I went over to her and gave her the Ice cream to cheer her up, that's when I met Emerson for the first time"

"She started to eat it but when she got to the mint she stopped and complained that she hated that flavour, but it was my favourite so I ate it, so every time since then we have gotten this ice cream to share, it's a best friend thing" he explained, like he has done a million times

"Its the cutest thing, it's bestie goals" I giggle and the boys stare at me weirdly

"What, your gonna tell me where not cute?" I said seriously.

"No your the cutest" Sawyer said with an eye roll...rude!

I finished the top layer of strawberry and passed it to Avery who happily accepted it

"bout time woman!" He scolds playfully and I hold my hands up on defence.

Once we finished the Ice cream, it was time to go home, dinner would be ready soon.

We made it back but walked a little slow so we where exactly on time for dinner and didn't have to wait, Even though we just ate and I keep fairly healthy, I love food!!

"Aahhh I see my beautiful children are home, have a nice time?" She said and we all nodded and said 'yes' or something along those lines.

"Emmy you didn't bwing me for ice cweam" Parker pouted, I pulled him into my knee,

"You where on a play date buddy, I couldn't" I said giving his cheek a sloppy kiss

"Next time can me and you go, only us?" He said batting his eyelashes.

"I think that sounds great, it's a date" I chuckled, earning a Few scoffs from the boys and took it as a chance to mess with them.

"Hey Parker,if I really enjoy this date, you can be my boyfriend if you want!" I exclaimed and his face lit up

"I can really! that's so cool" he yelled waving his arms around frantically

"Well you have to go through the boyfriend check with Avery first, what do you think Aves?" I winked at him and Parker pouted at him.

"Hmm, you see like a good guy, I don't see why I shouldn't let you date my babygirl" he said in a serious tone, although I knew he was joking

"Yayyaya, Boys did you hear that, Emmy might be my girlfriend!" He exclaimed running out of the room shouting for his dad.

"You just made that kids day!" Holly chuckled setting down the food.

"I am very serious Holly, it can be hard to find a good man these days!" I said, not entirely joking, am I wrong?