00

"You feeling okay?"

"Yes."

"No pain today?"

"Just a little, but I'm fine."

"Do you need your pillow fluffed?"

"No, I'm fine."

Luke smiled sadly at his boyfriend, dragging a chair next to his bed. "You're starting to lose your hair." He reached out to tug on his hair, only to have it come out on his hand. He frowned, adverting his gaze from his boyfriend who had tears running down his face.

"I'm sor--"

"Please don't apologize." Michael interrupted, "Did you bring my beanie?"

Luke nodded, pulling out a beanie from his pocket. He watched Michael pull it over his head, hiding his fading hair.

"You're coming home soon, right?"

"I sure hope so."

"Your side of the bed is getting cold."

"Keep it warm for me, will ya?"

Luke nodded, tearing his gaze away from his broken boyfriend to the machines they had him hooked too.

"Could you turn the TV on for me?" Michael whispers, his voice feathery light. Luke doesn't say anything, only reaches for the remote and turns on a random channel, and then he stands.

"I have to go, work and stuff." Luke keeps it short, hating each and every goodbye. He places a kiss on Michael's cold lips, letting his eyes linger on his tired and pale face before leaving.

They both knew Michael wouldn't be coming home.

--

Short but effective.

This will be a short story. I'm not really sure how many chapters yet.

I need a cover if anyone wants to give it a go please!