07.

Dear Luke,

I've decided to write you as many letters as I can before I die. Think of it as another Christmas gift from me to you. If you decide to throw them away after reading them, well that's on you. You can do whatever you want with these letters; I won't be there to stop you.

You haven't been around since Friday. It's Monday now. Where are you? Don't you know I have 4 weeks left to live? Wait, no, you don't know because you haven't came to see me. It's not your fault, I understand.

Wesnd--- Michael stops writing to think, staring at the word he was writing, but it seems he has forgotten how to spell the word. -- Wesnday, no that's not right. The day after Tuesday, I am starting radiation and chemo at the same time, it was Ashton's idea. The doctor agrees with him.

But I will die. Nothing can stop this cancer from spreading throughout my body. They don't understand that this cancer is more powerful than ever. I can feel it, Luke. I can feel it throughout my body and I can feel it coursing through veins and I can feel it slowly, or not so slowly, taking over my body and any day now I will be gone.

Love,

Michael

--

Calum was slightly calmer than Ashton. Slightly because he was still bawling his eyes at but at least he wasn't shouting like Ashton.

"Hey, stop crying. Everything will be okay."

Michael tries to soothe Calum, it doesn't really work. Calum is a mess and Michael is surprised to see him crying. Not once has Michael seen Calum cry. He was a strong lad, he never let things get to him, but this was different. This time his best friend, a guy who was like his brother, was laying in a hospital bed. Waiting for death to knock on his door and tell him it was time.

But Calum only shakes his head.

"Luke hasn't came by recently?"

"No, I think he's done with me."

"Don't say that. Luke loves you."

Michael just chuckles sadly, looking out the window as he notices snow falling from the sky.

"Hey, look.. It's snowing again. I like when it snows, I'm glad I got to see it before I die."

"Yeah, it doesn't snow a lot here." Calum says, staring past Michael and out into the dark sky where white snowflakes were falling.

"I hope the last thing I see is snow." Michael whispers; Calum doesn't say anything.

--

"Do you miss him?" Calum asks after Michael has had his dinner.

"Miss who?"

"Well, Luke of course."

Michael stays quiet, staring down at his lap as he thinks of his boyfriend who hasn't came to see him since Friday.

"Yeah, I miss him. A lot. But, I don't think he's coming back."

Calum snorts, "yeah right. That boy is head over heels for you." Calum says, shaking his head. "He's just being stupid."

"That's not a nice word." Michael frowns.

Calum laughs. "So, two days huh?"

"Two days for what?"

"Uh, you know...your radiation and chemo?"

"Oh." His head throbs. He clears his throat, "Yeah, I guess so. Do you think it'll work?"

"I pray to God it does."

"You never pray to God."

Calum gives him a sad smile, "I know, Mikey. I know."