01.

Michael lays in bed, listening to the only sound in the room which is a machine next to his bed, beeping in rhythm to his slow beating heart. He wasn't moving much, only to fidget in his bed to get comfortable. Luke was late and he was cold, he was so cold and the four blankets he already had weren't doing much. 

"Michael," The door slams open, and Luke stands there, bent over and panting. "I'm so sorry. Traffic was crazy." 

"T's alright." Michael mumbles, his heart picking up at the sight of his boyfriend. 

"I've missed you." Luke says, placing a soft kiss on Michael's lips before sitting in the chair next to his bed. "Has your mum came to visit?" 

Michael shakes his head, "Ashton and Calum came by, though." He gives Luke a small smile, and then frowns. "Is everything okay?" He asks, noticing the way Luke is bouncing his leg and checking his phone every few minutes. 

"What? Yes, I'm fine." Luke rushes out, staring at Michael with wide eyes like he was caught doing something he shouldn't be doing. 

"Are...are you sure?" 

"Yes, baby." Luke smiles, leaning in close until he can place a kiss on Michael's cheek, and then his other cheek, and then all over his face. Michael giggles, pushing Luke's face slightly away to capture his lips with his own. 

"I want to come home." He whispers against Luke's lips. 

Luke nods, frowning, "I wish you could come home, too, baby. But they won't release you until you start getting better." 

"But..But i'm fine." 

"Michael," Luke shakes his head, "you're not."

"But, I am! Luke, I'm fine. I really am." Michael grounds out. 

Luke sighs, shaking his head as he retreats to his chair. "Michael, we've had this conversation before. They aren't seeing improvements." 

"Leave." 

"What? Why? What did I do now? Mikey, it's true! You're sick, really sick. They can't just release you." 

"Leave Luke. I don't want you here." 

Luke sighs again, pushing back the chair as he stands. "I'll see you tomorrow." He grits out, his voice low as he leans down to kiss Michael, who turns away from Luke.

"Don't bother coming." Michael whispers, letting tears run down his face as he listens to Luke leave, the door slamming behind him.