10.

It's not even twenty-four hours later when Luke is stumbling inside Michael's hospital room, a wide grin on his face. Michael eyes the scarf around his neck, sighing as he shakes his head.

"Go home Luke, you're drunk."

"I-i'm fine." His words slur.

"Why are you wearing a scarf? I already know about the hickeys."

"W-what? N-no, I d-don't have h-hickeys."

"Go home. I don't want to see you anymore."

"Baby,-"

"Don't call me baby if I'm not the only one." His voice cracks, tears welling up in his eyes. He wills himself not to cry, he won't show Luke how affected he is.

"Y-you're the o-only one."

"Please leave Luke." Michael says, letting the tears flow freely as he turns to Luke. He watches Luke's face, watching his face fall as he stares at Michael.

"I-I didn't..." He trails off, before nodding. Michael watches him leave.

That was the last time Michael saw Luke.

--

6 months later

"....please leave your message after the tone."

beep

"Uh, hey..." He pauses, scratching his neck. "It's me, um, Michael. I know the last time we talked ended badly but I was wondering if you could come get me? I'm finally being released." He pauses again, "If you don't, that's fine. I'll call Calum or Ashton. So yeah, just...bye." He says slowly, ending the call quickly before releasing a breath.

Six months have passed since he had seen Luke. Six long months that were filled with treatments and sleep, and yes, he was finally stable enough to go home. They had warned him there was a chance it could come back, and he would be weak for a few weeks. Michael was just happy he got to go home.

He stands, having just tied his laces, and grabs the beanie off his side table. He still didn't have any hair, and he didn't want to go outside being bald. Someone knocks on his door, before entering. Michael smiles, greeting his doctor before sitting down again.

"How are you feeling, Michael?"

"I feel great, honestly. Just a little tired."

"Try to get as much sleep as you can, okay? It's important to let your body rest."

"I will, thank you."

"You might experience pain, and a bit swelling. If that happens, just give me a call, okay?"

Michael nods.

The doctor handed him a card with his prescription on it, before saying goodbye. Michael was going to take some medicine for a few weeks to help with fatigue, and pain.

He didn't exactly know where he was supposed to go. Was he and Luke still togther? Was he to go to his moms? He didn't know if they had broken up, which is why the first person he called was Luke.

Michael leaves the room, walking until he gets to the elevator and then waits. Once he's on, he presses the button for the first floor. He stares at his shoes, waiting until the elevator comes to a stop and then he steps out. He looks around, taking a deep breath before walking slowly to a chair to wait. He was already feeling tired.

It feels like forever before the sound of rushing feet sound close to him, and when he looks up he sees a tall blond running, panting and face red.

"L-luke!" He shouts, quickly standing up as Luke passes, running toward the elevators. Hearing his name, he stops, turns around quickly before freezing.

"Michael!" He yells back, before his feet are moving and he's wrapping his arms around Michael's waist, tightly. He brings him close, hanging on with his life as he inhales his scent, fresh tears making their way down his cheeks.

"Oh, god." He sobs, sounding broken and raw. Michael hugs him back just as tightly. "You're finally coming home. I think, fuck- I'm sorry. We have a lot to talk about, I know, and I told you I would do anything to make it up to you and I meant it." Luke babbles.

"Shh, Luke. I know. I'm sorry for sending you away. I missed you so much." Michael cries.

"I went to AA, and I'm better now. I haven't messed up since that day."

Michael smiles, before pulling back. "C'mon, lets go home."

--

Only the epilogue is left. :)