02.

It's not even twenty minutes later when Michael's door reopens and Luke is rushing back in, holding different colored flowers in his hand, his face flushed and sweaty.

Michael didn't like flowers, Luke knew that, but Michael couldn't find it in him to care as he stares at Luke. In fact his heart picks up at the cute gesture.

"Look, before you start complaining about the flowers please hear me out."

Michael doesn't say anything so Luke continues.

"I'm sorry, I know how this is a sensitive topic, and even though you say you're fine, you're really not. Otherwise you would be home and not in the hospital. Mikey, I can't be any more sorry but please try to understand how hard it is for everyone. For me. This is hard for me and I'm so stressed out from this. What if.. What if I get a call at work saying you passed away? What would I do? Would could I do? I wouldn't even get to say goodbye, I wouldn't get a last kiss, or even hear your voice for the last time. You would be gone just like that." Luke's voice is raw and filled with so much emotion and he isn't sure when he started crying but he is. He's sniffling and he isn't sure if he forgot to say something, but he knows he doesn't need to say anything else when Michael looks out him in that special kind of way.

"I'm glad you came back." Michael sobs. "I'm sorry for being mean, but I hate this. I hate it so much and I hate being in pain. I just want to go home."

Luke crosses the room quickly, placing the flowers on his table side before cupping his face and giving him a long soft kiss.

"I love you." Luke breathes, pulling back to look into his boyfriends forest green eyes.

"And I love you." Michael says, staring into Luke's ocean blue eyes.

"Do you think i'm going to die?" Michael whispers, looking away from Luke to stare at the wall. Luke still has his face cupped, and the gasp that escapes Luke's lips tells Michael he's surprised by the question.

"God, No, Michael please don't ever ask me that again. I'm waiting impatiently for you to come home because I miss your warmth and your voice filling the empty space in the house. It's so lonely without you."

"I'm sorry." Michael's voice gets lower.

"For what?"

"Putting you through this.. I'll understand if you leave me."

"Never. I'll never leave you."

--

Michael waits patiently the next day for Luke to show up. Ashton and Calum came by, and surprisingly so did his mum.

Michael is scrolling through Facebook trying to cure his boredom - Facebook isn't helping - when he comes across something that catches his attention.

He glances at the clock, and it's almost dinner time and Luke was supposed to be here hours ago, so Michael isn't sure why he's out with a guy named Daniel.

Did Luke forget about him? Luke promised to visit him everyday but Luke had ditched him for some guy. Michael wouldn't have been mad if Luke had called or texted him, but Luke left him nothing but a Facebook status.

But then Michael starts coughing. At first its a short cough, but then he starts coughing more and it's hurting his chest and suddenly he can't breath. He's wheezing and his chest is hurting and then his hand is covered in blood and some kind of liquid.

Michael doesn't waste a minute to press the call button for the nurse.

---

Not happy with this chapter but oh well its longer :))