TWO

Jaebeom awoke to Youngjae cooking breakfast. It surprised the older man, to say the least, but he couldn't help to notice that Youngjae looked cute as he danced and sung around the kitchen. He watched Youngjae for a while, smiling softly at the boy who didn't notice that Jaebeom was up yet.

"Good Mornin' Jae Jae," Jaebeom greeted, scaring the male who was currently singing Rihanna's song 'Cockiness'.

"You're up!" Youngjae yelped, "Did I wake you?"

Jaebeom shook his head no and sat down at his small kitchen table.

"I decided to make you breakfast as a thank you for last night," Youngjae stated.

"You didn't have to do this," Jaebeom replied.

"I wanted to," Youngjae smiled, sitting a plate in front of Jaebeom. Jaebeom instantly noticed that Youngjae only made enough for one person to eat.

"You're not eating?" Jaebeom asked.

"No," Youngjae said, sitting down at the table with Jaebeom, "I'm never hungry in the mornings."

Jaebeom sighed, he thought Youngjae was lying but didn't press the subject any further. Jaebeom ate rather quickly and washed his plate, Youngjae still sat silently at the kitchen table.

"Youngjae, are you okay? I've never seen you like this."

"Like what?" Youngjae questioned.

"So sad? You look hurt? And not to mention last night was so out of character for you," Jaebeom responded.

"Maybe I'm tired of trying to fit the character that people have molded me into," Youngjae stated, "Maybe I'm just tired of people in general and no offense Jaebeom but you don't know a damn thing about me."

"Youngjae," Jaebeom started off, "Youngjae, I've known you long enough."

Youngjae rolled his eyes and stood up, "Doesn't mean you know me, okay? Jaebeom, leave it alone. Stop trying to be the hero all of the time."

"No," Jaebeom said.

"No?" Youngjae crossed his arms, "It's none of your business."

"It became my business when I found you last night, drunk from a beer you stole from a man who followed you for God knows how long," Jaebeom sighed, "So spill, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Everything is wrong, I would say!" Youngjae said, "Do you know how it feels to be used Jaebeom? To be played like a toy by someone?"

"Are you talking about your boyfriend?" Jaebeom asked.

"Boyfriend? What boyfriend?" Youngjae sneered, "I was just an experiment. A toy. Gave my heart away and he played me for 2 years."

"Youngjae...it's just a breakup," Jaebeom said but instantly regretted it as he saw Youngjae go red with anger.

"He with someone else the entire relationship!" Youngjae screamed, "You know what, I wouldn't expect Mister Perfect to understand how I'm feeling right now. Bye Jaebeom."

"Wait! Youngjae!" Jaebeom quickly ran after Youngjae. He grabbed Youngjae before he could make it completely out of the apartment.

"Let go of me," Youngjae was seething with anger, "Why won't you let me go?"

"I'm not letting you leave and do something stupid, you're not rational right now," Jaebeom said, "And I'm sorry for what I said, it was insensitive."

Youngjae groaned and walked back into Jaebeom's apartment. He threw himself on the couch and didn't spare another glance at Jaebeom.

"I'll listen and you can talk it out," Jaebeom said, "Or we can just sit in silence together. I just don't want to leave you alone right now."

"Why do you care?" Youngjae huffed.

"You're my...friend," Jaebeom smiled, "Do I need another reason?"

"No, I guess not," Youngjae rolled his eyes, "I knew I should have never dated him. I don't know why I didn't trust my gut."

Jaebeom stayed silent.

"All around me have been examples of how fucking stupid giving your whole heart away to someone is but I ignored those examples and thought it would be different for me. I'm such an idiot."

"You're not an idiot," Jaebeom corrected.

"I don't believe you," Youngjae responded quickly.

"I know you don't," Jaebeom replied, "But it's the truth, you're not an idiot."

"Can you take me home?" Youngjae asked, "I won't be alone there since that's your big worry."

"Yeah, sure," Jaebeom answered against his better judgment, "I'll take you home."