FIVE

Youngjae hasn't been home in a week. Jaebeom's surprisingly comfortable, tiny couch has been his resting place. 

Jaebeom tried to give Youngjae as much as space as he could when he was home from work but normally it was just Youngjae there. Occasionally, Jinyoung came over to give Youngjae some company or bring him some food. Jinyoung never brought up Minwoo and Youngjae appreciated it, he never wanted to hear that name again. In fact, Youngjae wanted to forget the last 2 years of his life.

He also wanted to change his name, catch the train out of town and never come back. Ever. 

"I'm back," Jaebeom announced, walking into his apartment. 

"You look tired," Youngjae commented, watching the older male flop on the couch next to him. 

"I'm fine, Jae Jae," Jaebeom smiled at the younger, "How are you doing today?" 

"Fine," Youngjae answered, "I talked to Yugyeom today."

"What about Bambam?" Jaebeom asked. 

"The only Bambam I know is a Flintstones character," Youngjae rolled his eyes, "I don't associate with people who have IQs lower than a rock." 

"Youngjae, oh my God," Jaebeom laughed. 

"Why are you laughing? I'm serious," Youngjae tilted his head, "Seriously, why are you laughing? It's not funny." 

"I'm laughing because I know you're completely serious," Jaebeom smiled, "But Jae Jae, you have to talk to him eventually." 

Youngjae sighed, "You're right, I suppose." 

"So have you left the house at all?" Jaebeom asked.  

"No," Youngjae asked, "Why?" 

"You have to get out some," Jaebeom responded. 

"No, I don't," Youngjae curtly answered, "Unless you're kicking me out."

"I'm not kicking you out." 

"Then I'm not going out," Youngjae replied.

Jaebeom sighed, "I'm going to shower, change and then we're going somewhere."

"But why?" Youngjae whined, following Jaebeom to his room. 

"Because I want to go somewhere with you," Jaebeom replied, "We haven't hung out as just the two of us in a while."

"Ugh fine!" Youngjae complained, "But I'm not going to have fun!"

"Whatever you say," Jaebeom rolled his eyes and a small smile tugged on his face. 

____

"Are we going to the beach?" Youngjae asked. He remembered the familiar route from his childhood. The smell of the ocean started to cling to his nostrils. 

Jaebeom simply nodded, "I haven't been in a long time."

"Me either," Youngjae added. 

"How long?"

"Last time I went to the beach, my parents were still together," Youngjae answered, "So, it's been a while. You?" 

"Before my parents died," Jaebeom said. 

"I'm sorry for asking," Youngjae frowned. 

"Its fine," Jaebeom mumbled, "Life happens, drunk drivers happen."

Youngjae kept quiet.

"I don't think I ever told you but my biological dad has custody of me," Jaebeom spoke louder and clearer this time.

"Why don't you live with him then?"

"He knows I hate him, so he gave me my own space. He lives with his new wife and her children. I live in his old apartment and he pays the rent. Of course, he comes over to check on me but that's about it. Usually, it's his wife coming to check on me. Strange that such a nice lady got with him."

"Both our father's were cheaters, huh?" Youngjae laughed a bit, "My mom was out saving lives and my dad was cuddled up to other women."

"Have you seen or talked to him lately?"

"No and No," Youngjae laughed bitterly, "Recently, he's been sending be gifts. I guess he's trying to buy back my respect and love or whatever. I haven't opened any of them, they're all stacked in my closet."

"Why do most of us have issues with our fathers?"Jaebeom questioned outloud, "You, me, and Jinyoung."

"The daddy issues club."

Jaebeom laughed, "The only club you join involuntary but onto happier subjects,we're here!"

Ik when I write I give everyone daddy issues, it's how I cope. There's not one story so far where there isnt a character with some sort of ~parent issues~

Sorry I've been gone for so long! I was trying to get my grade up in PreCalc (and did! I have an A 94) but then my Chemistry grade went down (fuck stoichiometry!!! I have a C 78) soooooo my school problems never end ;(
Also I started precollege classes so that's fun.

ily guys ♡ ill try to be more consistent updating