FOUR

Jaebeom has always had a soft spot for Youngjae. He first met Youngjae in when Youngjae was in 6th grade and Jaebeom himself in 7th. The boy has joined the beginner's chorus class and instantly he made it to the intermediate with Jaebeom. Youngjae was the only 6th grader in the class, so he was alone and naturally, Jaebeom decided to befriend the cute boy. 

They became fast friends. 

Youngjae introduced Jaebeom to his friends, Bambam and Yugyeom. Jaebeom introduced Youngjae to Mark and Jinyoung. Rather quickly, the two separate friend groups became one group and the six hung out whenever they could. 

But Jaebeom and Youngjae were always the closest and the other often teased they would date one day. Youngjae would always furiously deny that he and Jaebeom would; all Jaebeom could do was blush madly and try to calm down the younger.

It was Jaebeom's 8th-grade year when he realized that he really, really liked Youngjae. He noticed that he would think about the younger more often and he would rush to sit next to Youngjae at lunch. Though, Jaebeom never pursued his crush on Youngjae even though Jinyoung begged him too. Youngjae had a crush on a boy named Minwoo, Jaebeom knew and besides Jaebeom didn't think he had a chance regardless. 

In Jaebeom's 9th grade year, he became a bit distant from Youngjae. They were still friends,of course, but Jaebeom tried to forget about his crush on Youngjae. Jinyoung still urged Jaebeom almost every day to confess to Youngjae but Jaebeom was stubborn. 

"You're gonna regret it," Jinyoung told him. 

"Maybe," He answered, "Maybe I will."

Youngjae began dating Minwoo that year. Jaebeom was happy for him and attempted to bury his feelings deep, deep down. He didn't want to ruin what Youngjae and Minwoo had because Youngjae was so happy. Minwoo made Youngjae's smile brighter and Jaebeom was content to watch the sunshine from afar. 

Jaebeom sighed as he reminisced of old memories on his couch. The sounds of R&B played in the background, swallowing the would be sad silence that he sat in. 

"I should have listened to Jinyoung," Jaebeom spoke to no one in particular. 

"Yeah, you should have," Jinyoung spoke as he climbed through the open fire escape window.

"Stop breaking into my apartment," Jaebeom said without turning to face his closest friend. 

"Stop leaving the fire escape open," Jinyoung smartly replied. 

"Fuck you," Jaebeom grumbled.

"I rather not have you do that," Jinyoung replied, he sat on the couch with Jaebeom. 

"Why are you here?" Jaebeom asked. 

"My Jaebeom is moody and listening to sad R&B songs senses were going off," Jinyoung joked, "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"Youngjae," was all Jaebeom said. 

"What's wrong with Youngjae?" Jinyoung asked. 

"Minwoo basically used Youngjae for two years and was dating a girl. He only got with Youngjae to experiment with a guy," Jaebeom sighed. 

"What the fuck is wrong with people?" Jinyoung frowned, "Can I gut him? Please? Min the fuck ever deserves to die." 

"Don't go to jail, I still need you here," Jaebeom sighed. 

Jinyoung calmed down, "Yeah, I don't think my mom would approve. I'd imagine she'd be scolding me...from up there." 

Jaebeom hugged Jinyoung, "We don't need you sad either." 

Jinyoung smiled, "I supposed you're right. My mom is just living her life in Australia right?" 

"Yeah," Jaebeom smiled sadly. 

"Youngjae texted you," Jinyoung said, picking up Jaebeom's phone off the small coffee table and handing it to him. 

"He wants me to pick him up," Jaebeom said, as he responded to the text. 

"Well then go, lover boy!" Jinyoung teased. 

"Jinyoung stop," Jaebeom said as he got up and put on his shoes. 

"Don't act like you still don't have a crush on him," Jinyoung yawned, "It's getting boring." 

"Get out of my apartment!" Jaebeom rolled his eyes. 

"Ooo angry chin, I'm scared," Jinyoung teased but still made his way out of the fire escape window, "Close your window if you don't want unwelcomed guest."

Jaebeom slammed the window down and locked it, causing Jinyoung to laugh. Jinyoung waved his friend goodbye and made his way down the stairs.

Jaebeom watched Jinyoung until he disappeared around the corner then he grabbed his keys, locked the door and headed out to go pick up Youngjae.