1. Late nights

Marco Pov

I watched as the night sky was fading into the early morning as it painted a beautiful pink and purple hue. I stayed up again. I couldn't stop thinking about Stars behavior. I groan as I stood from my spot on the pier as I made my way back home. As I did I see some of our neighbors. "Morning Marco. You're up early?" I smiled as I helped Mele out. "Yeah. Couldn't sleep." She sighs as her husband comes out with a few boxes. "Where should I put these honey?" "Over there." I chuckled softly at the two as I wonder why they never had kids? "Mele, I know this might sound weird but why haven't you had kids?" She giggles as she sighs. "I'm not fertile enough and also my husband doesnt want any." I sigh. "You could have been a wonderful mother." She smiles as she held my face. "Oh stop it you. You are such a good boy. Be easy on yourself alright? No more late nights." I smiled and nodded. "Of course." She let go as I started to walk again.

As I see the view of the house I see Mr. Butterfly hooking up his canoe to his truck. I decided to see. "Morning Mr Butterfly." He popped his his head as he looked at me. "Morning Marco. It's quite early for you isnt it?" I nodded. "Here to find star?" I blushed slightly as I shook my head. "No. I just wanted to see what you're up to." He nods as he comes closer. Star's dad was pretty short compared to us. It was quite funny. "I'm going to find some treasure.." he whispered as I gave him a weird look. "Uh huh?" He nods as I hear the screen door slam as I look and see star standing near the small light. "Marco? It's like 5 in the morning?" I tilted my head as she came closer.

"Yeah. I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk." She tilts her head not feeling convinced. "What's wrong?" I shook my head. "I couldn't sleep." She sighs and decided to let it go. "Alright. I won't ask you. Anyways I have to cancel tonight." Here we go again. "Star, tonight is the only night the stars will be its brightest. We always watch it together." The look on her face made her look guilty. "I know. I'm sorry but we have family to see tonight and I really can't bail." It hurts. Seeing her act this way. It was kinda starting to bother me. "Watch it for me." She said with a small smile. "Fine. You aren't bailing cause of the spot right?" She shook her head. "Nope." She said popping the p. "Its in shallow waters. Basically near the sand." She nods again.

"I know. I just can't go." I sigh. "Alright. It just feels like you're avoiding me now. Am I being too clingy?" She giggles as she shakes her head. "No way. You're fine Marco. It's just things come up." I nod as I noticed her attire. She was in her bikini. The sheer top with her blue bikini top and her white bottoms. "Did you go for a swim?" She nods. "Yeah. Just missed going for a swim once and awhile." I nod as I see my dad heading out. "Good morning Butterfly's!" He says as he leaves in his jeep. "Hey, meet me here in 2 hours and we'll walk to school." I nod as she blows a kiss and goes inside. God I just want to know the truth. "You sure you don't like my daughter in that way?" I jumped forgetting that her dad was there. "Positive.." he nods as he goes to get the rest of his gear as I head back to my place.

~

As I was heading out to meet star my mother pulls me back with a look of annoyance. "Marco Diaz. Where have you been all night?" I sigh as I pulled her hands away as she held little Mariposa closer. "I went to the docks. I couldn't sleep." She held my face as she sighs. "Go eat honey." I watched as Mariposa walked towards the dining room as mom held her arms crossed. "Tell me. Did you meet up with Star last night? Cause I know you two always d-" "No. I was by myself." Mom looked confused. "What? But?" I smirked. "I know so shocking right?" She nods as she sighs. "Are you two fighting?" I chuckled and shook my head. "No ma, it's just she had been acting weird lately. She says it's not me so but i don't understand girls." Ma laughs a bit as she held my face.

"Oh Marco. Star will tell you when shes ready." I nodded. "I know cause she always tells me  what's bothering her." She smiled as she kissed my cheek. "Alright go on. Before you're late." I smirked "Alright bye ma." I walked out as I see star waiting for me. "I thought I told you to wait for me? Not the other way around." We both laughed as I gently pushed her. "My mom bombarded me with questions about my late night escapades." Star giggles as she looks around. "Star.." she looked at me as I glanced between her and the floor. "Are you really sure it's not me?" She nods. "Yeah I'm really sure. You've done nothing wrong." I sigh. "Then tell me what's been going on with you lately?" She gasps a bit as we still walked. Only the sound of the ocean could be heard.

"Family stuff Marco." I wanted to believe that but how? "I just want to point out that you've been using that excuse since your 16th birthday passed and that was 5 months ago. Its june!" She makes a weird groan. "Marco why can't you accept that I'm going through stuff at home and I just dont want to talk about it!" She was red as I stopped walking as she realized what she done. "Oh my stars! Marco I'm sorry for yelling. Its just..I've been having a tough time at home and I just want to deal with it on my own." My eyes soften as I sigh. "I'm sorry I pushed your limit. It's just you always tell me what's going on. It's just weird that you just push yourself away to deal with this on your own." She smiled softly "why are you always thinking of others before you. I'm okay Marco. I promise you. I want you to take care of yourself. Can you promise me that? No more sleepless nights and going to the dock." I chuckled as I sigh. "Got it." She giggles as she turns and starts to walk but something odd caught my eyes.

Stars eyes were different..

A/n hello everyone so this is a mini series I decided to write about. It's based of my story in my sims games. Especially with the new game pack that was released I'm super excited and now I have a solid book. This book with have roughly 10 chapters. It will only continue until the plot is said. That's it. Anyways bye and i hope you enjoy. Also happy pride month 🏳️‍🌈