9. Gone without a word.

Marco pov

I was worried the whole day in school. I've never seen Star like this. She looked horrible. Her temperature was way too high to be normal and her eyes were a bit odd as well. As I rushed home I needed to make sure Star is alright. As i knocked a few times her father answered. "Marco? What's the matter?" I looked around him. "Star? She went home sick and I need to know if shes okay." He blinks a few times and nods "she's fine. She's not here though. She left with her mother to help with her fever." I should've known. "Is she at the hospital?" He shook his head. "No. She's no where on land my boy. It's something that doesnt involve others. I'm sorry I'm blunt but it's the truth." I stared at him as I sigh. "When will she be back? I want to know. Please." He looked at my pleading eyes as he was cracking. "I'm not sure Marco. It could take a few days depending on Star. I assure you that everything will turn out fine." I wanted to relax but I couldn't. Star has a weird fever and has to stay away from land for who knows how long. It's kinda bothering me.

"Fine. I'll go. Just let me know when she comes back." He nods. "You have my word." He nods as he closes the door. I decided to go to the hangout because she will most likely be there. It's the only place I could think of. As I arrived I rushed near the waterfall and deep water. I scanned around but I saw nothing. It was completely empty. No one was there. It was bugging me. Maybe her dad was right. They're probably at the bottom of the ocean. I can't go there. As I decided to leave I hear leaves and branches rustling. I look around as it stopped. I was bit nervous but I acted tough as I went out as fast as I could. As I make it to my boat I row away. As I get to shore I see a few islanders playing in the sand with their friends and family. I smiled as a beach ball rolled towards me. "Young man can you pass me that." I smiled and I got down and picked the ball up. As I look I freeze seeing who it was. I was in shock. "Uh.." she tilts her head as she takes the ball. "Thank you?" She turns and continues to play with her small daughter. Roughly around 2 years old. "Isnt she related to star?" I whispered as I looked back at her. She looks way nicer than the photo. The photo made her look evil. Then I have to remember it was her mermaid form. "Isnt she supposed to be dead by now?" If shes from the past how come she's alive and well and has a small child? As I continued I decided to not dwell on it and head home.

~

After a few days star hasn't returned. I know her dad said not to worry but it was really hard to not. I barely slept and ate. I wasnt focusing in school like usual. My heart ached and was wanting to be with Star. It was quite scary when I thought I heard her call out for me a couple nights ago. It was like a Melody. A sweet and calming melody and I just wanted to follow her. It was like we were connected. I eventually went back to myself though and didnt think much of it. As I get ready for bed I jump seeing Star on my bed in her swimsuit. She had weird hearts over her body and her scales were shining. "Marco~" my eyes were locked on her. Its been so long since I've seen or heard her. I walked slowly towards her as I sat on my bed and caressed her face. Her eyes were her mermaid ones and her sharp teeth were poking out a bit. It was like she was stuck mid transition. "Star? Is this really you? Or I'm staring to hallucinate?" She giggles as she kisses me roughly. I  gasp a bit but kiss back. It's been awhile since I've last kissed Star and now that shes here I don't want to let her go. "Marco..I need you to help me.." she sounded in pain as I noticed her face. "Help? W-with what?" I managed to say winded. "I have this fever cause my body is wanting me to mate.." she was flushed red as I did as well. "Oh. Uh. m-mate? Like to you know?" I asked and she nods. "Yeah. The things my mom did before wasnt really helping and I convinced her to find another way. Uh..so I'm asking you to help me. Just so I can go back to normal." She asked with such pleading eyes. How could I refuse to help her. She looked so much in pain. It's not weird that I kinda want it. Right? "Star..I'll help you but the safe way okay cause I don't want us to be young parents." She nods quickly as she pushes me down on my bed. She starts to kiss down my neck as I start to lose my train of thought. I couldn't believe this was happening.