3. What I saw

Marco POV

I walked back towards the canoe as I sigh. At least I spent some time with her. Also it was really odd where her mother found us. No one really comes here except us. As I was going to go back I heard a splash. I turn my attention but saw nothing. Odd. I ignored it and went home. Guess I'll watch the stars with my little sister instead of star. As I dropped her dad's canoe I jumped finding her dad on the other side. "Marco!" "Yes?!" He chuckles as he pulls me for a hug. "How'd it go?" I was confused. "How did what go?" He smirks. "Don't play games with me. The date with my daughter." I blushed red as I chuckled.

"Uh Mr. Butterfly..I don't think it was a date it was just hanging out." He shook my arms. "Well it must of went well if you're red as a tomato." I pulled myself away as I took a deep breath. "Sir, I care a lot about your daughter but we did not go on a date." He pouts. "Well that stinks. I thought star would be fond of you by now." I smiled as I blushed a bit. I care about star but maybe he's right? I might like her more but I'm not really forcing it. "Can I go now?" He nods. "Of course. My apologies." I wave and walked towards my place.

As I entered I tripped over some of Mariposa toys. Shes 3 years old and the cutest thing but its quiet annoying at times. "Marco?" "Its me." I kissed my moms cheek as I see Mari in her highchair eating fruits. "Where you been?" "Out with star for a bit." She smirked. "Did you have a d-" "Not a date. Just a hangout." She sighs. "Why don't you just tell her how you feel?" I shook my head. "Why? I don't want to ruin our friendship. I don't want us to be awkward." Mom gave me a look as dad came from the back with a fresh catch. "Marco! Help me in the back." I nod as I follow and pinch Mariposa cheeks.

~

"Your mother told me." I raised a brow at him. "About what?" He chuckles as I pulled the fresh catch. "You're little date with Star. Finally you told her huh?" I blushed as I dropped the net. "Aye! Easy Marco!" I groan "Dad it wasn't a date. We just hung out like always. Why are you and mom so hung on the thought of me and Star dating? I don't like her in that way and never will!" Dad looked surprised as I heard a splash near the boardwalk. "What was that?" I went to check but nothing was there. "Marco. That was a bit much no? What if she heard you? You could've hurt her feelings." I gasp a bit as I lowered my head. "Can we just drop it?" He nods as he sighs. "Look, son I'm just wanting the best for you. I really like Star. She's an amazing girl and a delight to have and I've never seen you this happy since you were dating that surfer girl a year ago." He is talking about Jackie. She left Sulani awhile ago. The reason why we ended things. "Dad, I get it. You just want what's best for me. But you and mom have to understand it's on my terms. It should be me to initiate the first move." He nods as I thought about earlier. "I-I called her beautiful today and she said thanks." He Patted my shoulder as he smiles. "See. Progress. Next time dive in." I nudged him as we both laughed. When I'm ready I'll tell her how I truly feel.

~

I decided to watch the stars with Mariposa as we sat on the dock. She was playing with my hands as I kissed her head. It was quite boring not having star beside me. "Oh Mari. I think I might be in love with my best friend." She looks at me with a questioning look as she smirks. "Star?" I nodded. "Yeah. Star. Do you think I have a chance with her?" She nods as I smirked. "You think so?" I started to tickle her and attack her with small kisses as she tried to break free "No! No more kisses!" I laughed as I looked up at the sky. I wonder what she's up to? Family matter? What's going on? Is someone sick? Lost a family member? what is it? "Fishy!!" I jumped at Mariposas outburst as she ran from my lap running off. "Wait! Mariposa!" I caught her right before she fell off the dock. "Mariposa are you crazy? You could've hurt or even drowned." She started to pout as tears brimmed around her eyes. "I'm sorry Mariposa but I didnt want to lose you." I held her closer to me as she wrapped her arms around me. "What did you see?" She pulled back and pointed towards the bouy. "Fishy." Its either a dolphin or maybe a shark. "Mariposa it's probably a dolphin." She pouts as she looked annoyed. "No! Fishy! Big Fishy!" I wonder what she really saw. All I see were a stray of dolphins around. "Alright let's go home." As I turned she giggles and points. "Look!" I quickly turn and see a big blue tail as it glowed with a little bit of white. "Fishy!"

"No way..."

A/n another part. I'm on a roll. Anyways hope you enjoyed. Vote and comment!
Also let me know what you guys are up to this summer! Bye bye!