five

Your P.O.V

It had been a week since you had married Taehyung. He spent most of his time working, and you barely got to see him. He hadn't touched you in a week, and even though it might be selfish on your part, you were angry with him for ignoring you.

When he came home after a long day of work, he usually just rolled into bed and fell straight asleep. You were lonely, spending most of your time gardening or helping Mi Na around the house. You wanted some company, even if that company was purely sexual gratification.

Still, you got used to the routine of seeing him in the morning for breakfast, and at night just before bed. You got used to his distance. To the fact that he barely spared you a glance when he crawled into bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

You even got used to the smell of alcohol and blood. You got used to it all. Because this was what the rest of your life was going to entail. You had grown up in this kind of environment, and even though it was a hard pill to swallow, you had accepted your reality a long time ago.

So it surprised you when Taehyung came home early one night, and he was wearing a beautiful black tuxedo. He tugged his head to one side at the sight of you in your pyjamas.

Then he groaned.

"Did I forget to tell you about tonight?"

You watched him carefully, "Tonight?"

"The charity gala." He groaned, "I did forget. Damn. It starts in an hour. You were supposed to come as my wife. Our first public appearance."

You rolled your eyes, "Kind of an important thing to forget."

His eyes gazed at you hotly, "I know." He didn't apologise and you didn't expect him to.

"Well. Let me get ready then," You answered, standing and making your way over to your walk-in wardrobe. You would never admit it to him, but you were incredibly excited. After all, you had spent all week alone, at home. The thought of a night out made you very happy indeed.

"Will you be ready in time?" He asked, entering the wardrobe behind you, "I don't want to be -" He stopped abruptly as he realised you had dropped your nightgown and were standing in the middle of the closet in just a set of lacy underwear.

"Shit," He growled, his eyes grazing your skin hotly.

You blushed deeply and went to pick the nightgown up, not having expected him to follow you. You began to struggle back into the piece of clothing before Taehyung came to stand beside you. He stilled your hands.

"I forgot what you look like half naked," He whispered into your ear when you dropped the nightgown back onto the floor, "Damn it. I want to fuck you but we don't have time."

You shivered at his words. He wrapped his arms around your waist tightly and pressed warm kisses to the skin of your collarbone.

You couldn't ignore the warmth that started in the pit of your stomach and snaked all the way up to the top of your head.

After what felt like an eternity he pulled away from you and cleared his throat. You noticed his eyes simmered back to a neutral black, and you bit your bottom lip. He was so good at hiding what he was really feeling.

"I'll wait for you in the car. I need to cool off. Wear that underwear under your dress."

And then he stalked away, leaving you burning. You were scared of the effect he had on you when your hands started shaking almost uncontrollably.