Epilogue

Your P.O.V

"Yoongi's getting married."

The comment took you by surprise. You turned to face your husband, a brow raised in question.

"Really? I thought it wasn't something he was interested in."

Taehyung shrugged, "That's what I thought too. But apparently, we were wrong."

"Who is she?"

"She's not part of Bangtan," Your husband said it so nonchalantly, but that comment surprised you even more.

"What? And you're allowing it?"

Taehyung shrugged, "If my father were alive he would have never let someone as close to him marry an outsider. But Yoongi is one of my best friends and I trust him. He said this was his only condition."

You were both lying in bed one very rare Sunday morning were Taehyung didn't have to do anything work-related. You were savouring the moment.

You crawled closer towards him and he wrapped an arm around you, dropping a kiss on your forehead.

"Do you know why?" You asked, craning your neck upwards so you could see his face as you talked.

His brow furrowed, "Yes."

"Well?"

He frowned, "An outsider is more expendable."

The words punched you right in the gut. You blinked at him, your eyes suddenly welling up with tears at what he'd just said. You didn't even know this woman, and yet you felt incredibly sorry for her.

"Does that mean what I think it does?" You whispered, pulling away from Taehyung slightly and taking the duvet with you.

Taehyung shrugged, "If you think I am emotionally stunted, you haven't seen anything until you've seen Yoongi's demons. I suppose he thinks marrying an outsider means it will be easier to keep her at a distance."

"That's what you wanted when you first married me," You curled back into Taehyung's chest, "And look at us now."

He made a noise somewhere between a grunt and a laugh, "I was determined not to develop feelings for you."

"And now you love me," You whispered against the crook of his neck.

Taehyung breathed out heavily, "Apparently so."

He tightened his hold on you and you felt the weight of your happiness almost crushing you. Ever since Taehyung had admitted his feelings to you, everything had changed.

He still got angry at you and gave you the silent treatment, sometimes.

But it was different now. He loved you, and even though he didn't say it very often, he didn't have to. The way he kissed you and touched you, and the way his eyes always followed you, confirmed his feelings.

You didn't need spectacular gestures of affection for him.

And he knew as well. He knew that your heart, your mind and your body belonged to him completely. He was yours and you were his.

"Maybe Yoongi can learn to love her as well."

Taehyung scoffed, "Are we both talking about the same Min Yoongi?"

You frowned at your husband's words, but you knew he was right. Your husband had been cold and calculating when you'd married him, but Yoongi was a completely different playing field.