eight

Your P.O.V

You knew that soon Taehyung was going to take over from his father, and what kind of message would it be sending if he pulled back from his responsibilities at this crucial time?

"I just don't think it's necessary. I'm sure there are plenty of soldiers who are capable of taking care of me."

Taehyung stood and walked over to you, his dark eyes indecipherable, "You are Kim Taehyung's wife. That means something to rival gangs, Y/N. They think they can control me through you."

A rush of confidence filled you.

"And can they?"

"Can they what?" His voice lowered and he stepped closer to you, sucking the air straight out of your lungs.

"Control you. Through....Me," By now your confidence had simmered away. You whimpered when Taehyung grabbed your chin and forced you to look at him directly in the eyes.

"I don't know." He whispered harshly, "I want to say no. But I'm not so sure anymore."

And then he kissed you hotly. As always, you wilted under his closeness, and you felt yourself melt into him. You grabbed the lapels of his shirt. He ran a hand through your hair and you groaned against his mouth.

Taehyung pulled away, smirking at you, "I know what you want jagi," He whispered, lips still dangerously close to your own, "You want me to fuck you right here? Against my desk?"

Your whole body flushed. You turned away from him, suddenly embarrassed.

This was the only intimacy he was ever going to be willing to give to you. Sex.

Taehyung paused. He placed a hand under your chin and tilted your head up gently.

"What is it?"

You sucked in a breath, "It's nothing."

He rolled his eyes.

"Y/N. I am trained to notice even the slightest of physical changes in a person. I may not be the most emotional man but I can tell when something shifts. So I'll ask you again. What's wrong?"

You sighed heavily and pulled away from his grasp. You couldn't think properly when he was this close to you.

You stepped away and he quirked a brow at you, crossing his arms.

"I don't... I don't trust myself around you," You told him feebly, "You... Frighten me."

Taehyung froze. He knew what the insinuation behind your words meant. He knew what you were trying to say.

"Why are you telling me this?"

You dragged a hand through your hair, "I'm not sure. I don't know what's going on in my head anymore. I know you made it clear when we got married that you would never develop real feelings for me. But I can't help the way I feel."

Taehyung didn't seem angry. He watched you coolly, "And how do you feel, Y/N?"

"I think about you too much," You muttered, eyes downcast, "I think about the way you look at me. The way you speak to me. The way you touch me."

There was a beat of silence. You were afraid to look up at Taehyung but you forced yourself to meet his gaze. He seemed as collected as he always did.

Except you once again noticed the muscle that ticked away in his jaw. The chink in his armour.

"I can't give you what you want." He spoke the words solemnly, as though it was a vow he had practised for many years.

"I know," You whispered, "And that's the scariest part of all."