Ruined Plans

Sansa had been awoken by Petyr's knock at her door. She answered, after adorning appropriate robes to greet him.
"Good morning, my love. I am here to ask you if you might join me for luncheon at mid day?" He asked, in a manner very unlike himself. Sansa took a moment to contemplate his offer and saw no harm in the proposed notion.
"Yes of course, Lord Baelish." Sansa agreed.
"Very good. I shall meet you on the terrace when the sun is at its peak in the sky." He smoothed her cheek with the tips of her fingers, before striding off. Sansa watched him as he went, wondering what had brought on this sociable nature.

Daenerys sat in the Small Council chambers, at the head of the table. Her breath came quick and shallow. She had lead the Unsullied and her few companions, but the men and women of Westeros were an entirely different kind of people. They would say one thing then do the complete opposite, their objectives changing to suit themselves above all others. Of course, Daenerys had met people like this before, but she had a strange sense that her new place in King's Landing was going to bring with it new challenges.

Brienne sat at the Small Council table and felt very out of place.
"You see, I would like the unsullied to act as my Queen's guard." Daenerys stated.
"That may be so, your Majesty, but you must have at least some Westerosi members of your Queen's guard to promote solidarity with your people and encourage young men and women to become knights." Brienne preached, knowing that the King's Guard had always been a motivator to any young man who wanted to become a knight.
"I agree with Lady Brienne." Lord Tyrion began. "You may have some of your unsullied in your Queen's guard, but you must recruit some Westerosi knights to prove that you support local people." He compelled the Queen.
"Very well, but I would still like some of the unsullied as my Queen guard, but I understand what you are saying, Lady Brienne. I shall entrust you to recruit appropriate knights for my Queen's Guard." Brienne bowed her head in respect.
"Thank you, your Majesty. I shall take the utmost care in my selection."
"Very good. I shall await your decision." Was all Daenerys said before moving onto another topic.

Petyr sat back and watched the meeting, not participating in order not to risk his position. He was not asked any questions about the finances of Westeros. He was glad of this, as the economy of the Queendom was in a fragile state.
"Lord Baelish, I would like you to walk with me, through the city." Daenerys informed him as the others left. He could feel sweat begin to form at the base of his neck, knowing how little time he had before his luncheon with Sansa.
"Very well, your Majesty." He attempted to sound forthcoming, not wanting to anger the Queen. But he very well knew that a walk through the city would mean him missing his time with Sansa.

Sansa arrived at the terrace at midday, when the sun was at its highest in the sky. A table had been arranged and a decanter of wine had been left with a plate of lemon cakes. She sat, understanding that the meeting must have been running late, and began to nibble on a cake and sip on her wine.

Petyr attempted to keep the Queen entertained as they walked through the streets, heavily guarded. It was difficult to talk to her with the level of noise surrounding them. Then, they came upon one of Petyr's brothels.
"Is this not one of your establishments, Lord Baelish?" She asked. He began to feel very nervous, not wanting to take her into the brothel.
"Yes, your Highness. But it is not a place for such a Lady as yourself." He attempted to convince her.
"Nonsense, please, show me. I would like to see how you earn your money." Petyr attempted not to sigh at the stubborn Queen, before leading her into the hot, heavily inscensed building. The grunts and cries of faked passion were heard by everyone. Daenerys felt her eyes widen, not being in such an environment since her first khalasar. Petyr wanted to leave as soon as possible, hoping that he could return to Sansa and explain whilst begging for forgiveness. However, Daenerys had other plans and inspected the establishment in a great amount of detail. She played with the ruffles on the curtains, smelled the candles that glowed and listened to the guttural noises that filled the rooms.
"What caused you to open this establishment, Lord Baelish?" She asked.
"There is not a more successful business plan as a brothel. They will never go out of business." He replied simply, wanting this meeting to be over.
"You are a clever man, Lord Baelish. I think you shall do as my Master of Coin. I do not need you to accompany me any further. Thank you for your company, it was most liberating." She thanked him. He bowed.
"The pleasure is all mine." He said quickly, before dashing from the brothel and making his way back to the Red Keep.